trinityamps.com

Trinity Amps Guitar Amp Forum
It is currently Thu Jul 18, 2024 9:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:12 pm 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

It looks OK but there has to be a reason why this is not working. I'm guessing the stack is being bypassed somehow so I'd check to see when you switch it, the connections are being made thru the correct parts. Test one to see.

Glad it sounds great tho!!

Here are some pics of a recent one I built. It might help you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:30 pm 
Friend
Friend

OK> I completely redid the contour switch and tried to replicate the one in the last photo you posted. Note I said TRIED. Now the contour switch works but only in position 1 and 6?. So the first and last position work as their supposed to (change in tone) but everything in between does not. No sound at all.

Also, the volume pot on the EF86 channel is still very scratchy a la ZVex "crackle ok". Could I have overheated that pot?

I appreciate your patience. I really do. :bugeye:

PS:

Just noticed that you have what I presume to be the PIN6 wire hooked up to position ?1 or 12? on the switch whereas mine is hooked up to position 7. Could that be the problem? I was following the diagram which I thought showed position 7 as the hook up point.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:06 pm 
Friend
Friend

PROBLEM SOLVED!!!

I was kicking myself for having so many little issues with this build. Directions were great. Online support was great. It was clearly evident that the weakest link was me! I must have made a relatively simple error.

Only one thing threw me off in the directions...the use of the word "ANTI-CLOCKWISE". I double checked the contour pot at redid the tang washer...this time I turned the knob fully COUNTER-CLOCKWISE and then installed the tang washer. Batta bing batta boom and the rest is history.

All issues resolved. Coco this thing sounds great! I've never been a big fan of the Vox thing...mostly out of ignorance than a particular dislike of the tone. I've never really played one. Now I know what everyone means when they say that Vox chime. Sweet.

Unfortunately it's too late in the day to crank it (kids are sleeping). Can't wait though.

Thanks for all the help you guys. I'm gonna go play my damn ge-tar!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:28 am 
Novice
Novice

Congrats!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:04 am 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

Linguistics 101: Clockwise is the motion you make when you constantly turn right. The opposite sense of rotation is Anticlockwise (the current British English term), or Counterclockwise (now chiefly North American English).

So, should I say turn it all the way to the left then?? :P

Happy to hear the chimey news.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:03 pm 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

Quote:
Also, the volume pot on the EF86 channel is still very scratchy a la ZVex "crackle ok". Could I have overheated that pot?

Unlikely, measure & see if there is DC voltage on any of the Pot terminals. That's often the cause of scratchy pots. That is, if the problem is still there.