trinityamps.com

Trinity Amps Guitar Amp Forum
It is currently Wed Jul 17, 2024 3:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: TC-15 cab
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:04 pm 
Novice
Novice

Yeah, Joe, we woodworkers don't find the risk of electrocution, such as you electronic marvels face, sufficient to get our adrenaline flowing. We need more serious thrills like saw blades and router bits humming near our fingertips! But playing music is in the end much more satisfying than building or soldering, if you ask me... The building just adds to the anticipation of the feast that is coming, like a fine glass of red wine.

I do remember the Lincoln logs - we of that era were seriously deprived. I mean, consider the intricacy of Legos. Maybe all this soldering of tiny wires and trying to join boards at 1/64" tolerance is an effort to compensate for the frustration of Lincoln log and Erector set crudeness which we suffered in our childhood.

Well, my TC-15 cabinet doesn't fit together quite so well as the Legos or your circuit boards, but the sound sure is exquisite, thanks to the expertise of Mr. Cohrs and the creativity of those amp designers who walked the path before us all. :?

My thanks to them and you good Trinity folks!

Blessings,
Jim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:19 pm 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

Jim,
I can attest to all those childhood builders sets, tinker toys, meccano, lego-like stuff, etc. . My parents steered me away from the electrical stuff (those were hi-V tube heydays, mono hi-fi, trips to the tube tester at the corner store etc.) But the most fun was always building my own stuff from scratch!! Satisfaction!!

I'm sure your cab will pass muster!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:12 am 
Experienced
Experienced

Quote:
Erector set crudeness??

Are you kidding me?? I swapped out the hardware that came with my Erector set and got the tolerances down to three decimal places :wink:

Joe G