trinityamps.com

Trinity Amps Guitar Amp Forum
It is currently Wed Jul 17, 2024 7:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:30 am 
Friend
Friend

To Deric, Joe G, Stephen and to all those who posted pictures of your builds on the web. :D :D

Thank you so much for all your help. Oh Yeah, Oh Yeah, We have a TC15 in Portland Oregon that’s kicking A@*&S. Wow what a sound.

My problem with my build was I made all the mistakes a newbie can make,
Didn’t mark off on the layout when finished a connection and tested said connection.
When reflowing solder didn’t always check continuity of under board jumpers that was the biggest problem I would fix one jumper and loose another.
Would come back after a day or two off and fine I’d have left a wire off (I did that a lot).
Everything works except the contour switch. I change it to look like Stephen picture with jump from one cap to another and a jumper from pin 12 to pin 8 and nun in between.
I have a small 60-cycle hum but I think it’s my extension cord.
VRM is not hooked up but that was the only thing I think was working when everything wasn’t.
What a sound, am running through a G12 Celestion Classic lead single open back. The Guitar I made, soiled Birds eye maple Strat with Kinman HX pickups.
The cleans, crisp and clear jingle And crunch, Dam if this thing doesn’t gets down right nasty.
My wiring looks like crap compared to you guys so I will order a new updated TC 15 board and switch my components over to it buy new wire and rewire, I’m ADD and can’t stand the chaos, I like a clean build and I know I can do a better job but what I have works.

Thanks again to all of you good people :D :D :D :D :D
Dave
PS Stephen I will be ordering the NEW v6 is EL84/6V6 switchable with boost kit somewhere around the 15th of DEC, Yes you can teach an old dog new tricks. :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:59 am 
Experienced
Experienced

I think that each build is a work of art, so play and enjoy :D

Joe G