trinityamps.com

Trinity Amps Guitar Amp Forum
It is currently Thu Jul 18, 2024 1:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: LOTL tones
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:23 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

A very poplular band in the early 90's (when I was living in Toronto and going to school) was the Lowest of the Low. A great band IMO, excellent songs and some great sounding guitars.

Tonight for some reason, I was playing my Ric through the TC15 (ef 86 channel) and decided to throw in Shakespeare my Butt - their first album - and play along as I used to all the time years ago.

The Ric on the middle (both pickups), with a Maxon OD (tubescreamer) with a mild OD (maybe 1/3) a light slapback delay and the janglebox just NAILED the sounds of the album.

Its so much fun to chase tones, especially after years and years of playing. Then you get it finally and say wow! :)

AJC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:42 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

LOTL, Blue Rodeo, Crash Test Dummies, Mahones, Great Big Sea---All great (IMO) Canadian bands.

I get lucky down here, Buffalo is an unofficial "Canadian" city as far as tours go so we get to see them. :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:38 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

Yeah, that ric and TC15 can play Blue Rodeo (I was also playing along with the best of CD last night) to a T...

I am liking the Ric!

AJC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:27 pm 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

ajcoholic wrote:
Yeah, that ric and TC15 can play Blue Rodeo (I was also playing along with the best of CD last night) to a T...AJC

I never would have thought that possible. Which channel, how loud etc. This is interesting. Are they a Fender band?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:58 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

coco wrote:
ajcoholic wrote:
Yeah, that ric and TC15 can play Blue Rodeo (I was also playing along with the best of CD last night) to a T...AJC

I never would have thought that possible. Which channel, how loud etc. This is interesting. Are they a Fender band?

I was playing along with the whole album (best of)... we are throwing a few songs into our set list (rose coloured glasses, try, and till i am myelf) through the TC 15 ef86 side, ric on the middle position and using just a slight delay with one repeat and the janglebox compressor.

Think of the intro to rose colored glasses.... its that sound!

I think the TT alnico cab O got from you is by far my favourite cab now. I havent lugged my orange 4x12 to the bar in 6 months!

AJC