trinityamps.com

Trinity Amps Guitar Amp Forum
It is currently Thu Jul 18, 2024 6:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:46 pm 
Friend
Friend

Don't you love it when you flip the switch the first time and everything is fine!? This is a very different sounding amp. The highs are amazing. The tone controls are a little odd but I'll learn. I can't believe the way it sounds even plugged into the cab I tested it with (traynor 8-10 That I think sounds like crap). I have 4 celestion 12c30s I bought kinda by accident on ebay. How lame are these speakers? I'm going to build a pair of 2-12's and put them in for starters. Jeff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:20 pm 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

Jeff,

Congratulations on your build! The tone controls are interactive so it takes some getting used to, but they are very flexible.

There is documentation on how to use these somewhere. I have some as well I could send if you're interested.

Post some pics if you can!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:40 pm 
Friend
Friend

I'll get some pics on this weekend at the latest. It really looks good. I got my panels from frontpanel express. That is really a cool service what with the design software yoy download and all!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:22 pm 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

For sure. Tell us about FrontPanel Express. How well did it work etc. That's new to me at least.

Post subject: Front panel express
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:11 pm 
Friend
Friend

http://www.frontpanelexpress.com/home/index.htm

There is a link on here to download their design software. It is linked into their whole production capabilities. You select dimensions, materials, color etc. You can place size and shapes of holes, type to be engraved, essentially anything you could want on a panel. Then you can get an instant price and delivery time with one click on the software. I did front and back panels in 2 mm black annodized aluminum with all of my holes cut and my type engraved and then filled in white for about $80. Download the software for free and check it out! Sorry, I sound like an advertisment but it is pretty cool. I'll get some pictures up so you can see mine. Jeff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 11:32 pm 
Novice
Novice

8) Sounds like it's going to be a really nice build! Where are you in VA?

CR ><>

http://www.geocities.com/woodcrossamps/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 2:32 pm 
Friend
Friend

Ashburn (Loudoun county)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:10 pm 
Novice
Novice

8) Ahhhhhh! You're up there next to the District of Criminals. Roanoke here.

CR ><>

http://www.geocities.com/woodcrossamps/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:09 pm 
Friend
Friend

Nice cabinet work on your website! I just do a down and dirty butt joint with glued dowels to secure it and cover it with fabric. It does the job but nice joints in a wood cabinet like yours are very appealing.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 6:54 am 
Experienced
Experienced

je32ff wrote:
...I have 4 celestion 12c30s I bought kinda by accident on ebay. How lame are these speakers? I'm going to build a pair of 2-12's and put them in for starters. Jeff

Hey Jeff, Congrats on the build. I have no experience with the g12c30 but understand that they are about a 93-95 db efficiency speaker that sounds not bad. Other than that there doesn't seem to be much info out there. A message to Dr. Decible over on the Celestion web site might be in order.

As for the tone controls, they are unusual 'eh? Some of my favourite settings are:

Treble and Bass full off.
Then adjust to taste as little as possible from there. I usually up the treble a notch and the bass a half a notch. This setting seems to boost the mids considerably and sounds a little meatier with a less scooped tone. I like this setting for humbucker equipped guitars.

Volume and Bass 9 o'clock, Treble 12 o'clock and Master at 3'oclock
This is a sweet clean setting with the power section and PI starting to kick in some distortion. You can adjust the volume and the input you use based on the output of the guitar. For strats, I use the hi input and keep the volume below the point at which preamp distortion begins. This gives one of the sweeter strat tones I have encountered. (and that includes a couple of two rocks, twin and deluxe reverbs and even the venerable sIII. :wink:

With this amp it is possible to have too much treble or too much bass .... but I call that freedom. ("It is our worship word.....You shall not speak it!"). Also the more you crank it the looser the bass gets. Above 3:00 on the volume, I generaly find it necessary to cut back on the bass a bit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 9:55 am 
Friend
Friend

I converted my tone controls to the Fender Standard. Really a piece of cake to do and it just keeps things more familiar.

Post subject: Bass amp?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:58 pm 
Friend
Friend

I played with a bassist freind this weekend and after hearing the super tight low end on my 15 he wanted to try it for bass. It makes an awesome bass amp. He had a Fender P and we just ran it through a 2-12' closed back. He is going to bring his bass cabs next time to really give it more of a workout but I may be building another one for him. By the way those are 15 of the biggest watts I've ever heard. I thought this wouldn't be such a loud amp. Jeff