trinityamps.com

Trinity Amps Guitar Amp Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Cap and DPDT questions
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2022 7:59 pm 
Friend
Friend

While I'm waiting for someone at Trinity to reply to my "One last try..." thread, a few more lingering questions.

1. I need a 50 pF cap for the board and a .005 uF for the contour switch but I only seem to have a 47 pF and a .0047 uF left. Are those values close enough?
2. How are you supposed to orient the DPDT switches? All the connection points are on the bottom so I can't tell which side should be on the right in relation to the layout and which should be the left. I note that one side of the switch has two "ON" markings. Should that side face left or right, or does it matter?

Thanks.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 2:52 pm 
Friend
Friend

I think I've answered my own questions about the DPDT so I'm posting in case anyone else was wondering the same thing.

Near as I can tell it doesn't matter how you orient the switches, just how you wire them. The thing I didn't know is that if you hold the switch so it's pointing up (or down) and the switch lever is pointing "toward" you, then my understanding is that the two terminals the furthest away from you are "on" and if the switch lever is pointing away from you then the near terminals are on (the pair in the middle are "common"). So you can orient the switches however you want and you should be able to figure out from the layout which "on" position does what. E.g., if you connect the 5K output transformer wires to the "near" terminals and you orient the switch so that "pointing away from you" is "down," you can label that switch position on the chassis accordingly (i.e., "Crunch.")

PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG!

Still wondering about the caps...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2022 3:15 am 

There will be more time to prepare. So cool.
slime rancher 2

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2023 1:17 am 

DPDT or Double pole, double throw switches will break or make the two conductors connected to two separate circuits. In this switch, DP switches control two independent circuits whereas DT switches close a circuit in the up & down position. These switches have six terminals like two inputs and four outputs which are available in both momentary & maintained contact versions. Flappy Bird

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2023 10:29 pm 

jeesh999 wrote:
I think I've answered my own questions about the DPDT so I'm posting in case anyone else was wondering the same thing.

Near as I can tell it doesn't matter how you orient the switches, just how you wire them. The thing I didn't know is that if you hold the switch so it's pointing up (or down) and the switch lever is pointing "toward" you, then my understanding is that the two terminals the furthest away spacebar clicker from you are "on" and if the switch lever is pointing away from you then the near terminals are on (the pair in the middle are "common"). So you can orient the switches however you want and you should be able to figure out from the layout which "on" position does what. E.g., if you connect the 5K output transformer wires to the "near" terminals and you orient the switch so that "pointing away from you" is "down," you can label that switch position on the chassis accordingly (i.e., "Crunch.")

In the vast realm of electronics, understanding components such as capacitors (Caps) and double-pole, double-throw switches (DPDT) is crucial for designing and troubleshooting circuits. These components play pivotal roles in shaping the behavior of electronic devices, making them subjects of great interest and inquiry.

Capacitors:
Capacitors are electronic components that store and release electrical energy. They are widely used in various applications, including signal filtering, energy storage, and timing circuits. One common question often revolves around capacitor types, such as electrolytic, ceramic, and tantalum, and how their characteristics impact circuit performance.

Questions related to capacitance values, voltage ratings, and the impact of temperature on capacitance are frequent in the world of electronics. Engineers and hobbyists alike delve into discussions on selecting the right capacitor for specific applications, balancing trade-offs between size, cost, and performance.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2023 10:45 pm 

jeesh999 wrote:

Near as I can tell it doesn't matter how you orient the switches, just how you wire them. The thing I didn't know is that if you hold the switch so it's pointing up (or down) and the switch lever is pointing "toward" you, then my understanding is that the two terminals the furthest away from you are "on" and if the switch lever is pointing away from you then the near terminals are on (the pair in the middle are "common"). So you can orient the switches however you want and you should be able to figure out from the layout which "on" position does what. E.g., if you connect the 5K output transformer wires to the "near" terminals and you orient the switch so that "pointing away from you" is "down," you can label that switch position on the chassis accordingly (i.e., "Crunch.")

In the vast realm of electronics, understanding components such as capacitors (Caps) and double-pole, double-throw switches (DPDT) is crucial for designing and troubleshooting circuits. These components play pivotal roles in shaping the behavior of electronic devices, making them subjects of great interest and inquiry.

Capacitors:
Capacitors are electronic components that store and release electrical energy. They are widely spacebar clicker used in various applications, including signal filtering, energy storage, and timing circuits. One common question often revolves around capacitor types, such as electrolytic, ceramic, and tantalum, and how their characteristics impact circuit performance.

Questions related to capacitance values, voltage ratings, and the impact of temperature on capacitance are frequent in the world of electronics. Engineers and hobbyists alike delve into discussions on selecting the right capacitor for specific applications, balancing trade-offs between size, cost, and performance.