trinityamps.com

Trinity Amps Guitar Amp Forum
It is currently Tue Jul 16, 2024 7:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 12:02 am 
Friend
Friend

Well I'm 99% done. Still want to chase a pesky little buzzing problem. Will get at it again soon. My tweed cabinet arrived today. It looks brand new, I cannot find a mark on it. I found a deal on the net from a private seller. $125 shipped from Philly to NW Washington. Heck of a find. I mounted the chassis and an original 1964 Jensen C12N in there that I took out of my 64 Bandmaster cab to store. It sounds very darn good. The volume is so touchy from 0 to about 2.5, then at 2.6 it explodes into full-on, rip your face off tube distortion. From 2.5 to 12 the amp does not seem to get any louder just dirtier. I can see this is not really a "keep your family happy at home" amp. It rips, but man, it's loud. The C12N is a ceramic speaker. I plan to order a BBQ 12125-A, alnico soon and put the old C12N away again.

The buzzing is not completely gone yet. It's great when I plug my guitar into either of the bright channels. If there is no guitar plugged in, or I plug into the normal channel it's there. I'll get it sorted out soon enough. Right now, I am having too much fun playing it. I highly recommend the Trinity Deluxe kit. It has good quality components and good instructions for beginners. was my first ever amp build and I am very happy with how it turned out. - Keith

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 6:09 pm 
Friend
Friend

Keith.

That is simply stunning.

I have placed my order with Stephen and I'm waiting for my kit to arrive.

If mine looks half as good as yours, I'll die a happy man.

Well done.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 7:23 pm 
Novice
Novice

VERY nice indeed! You might wanna rotate that upper-rear panel 180 degrees, though. The oblong openings typically line up with the tubes for cooling. Kinda cool being able to peek at the circuitry, though.

- This Space For Rent -

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 11:42 am 
Novice
Novice

Very nice results.

Loved reading your thread on the TDPRI forum. I even posted a few replies on it.

Maybe a VRM kit would help make your amp more <home friendly> by helping to control the volume. Even on a smaller amp like my Tramp, which I use at home, I find the VRM very useful.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 8:57 pm 
Friend
Friend

I ordered the VRM mod, I just need to install it. I will one day. For now I am just playing the amp and enjoying it.
Amp building is so addictive, during the project my actual guitar playing was nearly nil. I have some catching up to do
and having a new amp that I personally built is a lot of motivation! I can't get enough of this Deluxe. It is awesome.
I had to take it out to the garage to give it a good work out. I am used to dime-ing my 68 vibro champ for natural tube
distortion, down in the basement. Not this deluxe. It is killer loud in comparison. In order to stay married I took it to the
garage and put in my ear plug ands literally ripped on it for about an hour. Awesome amp. I love the grind it puts out.
The two volume controls are so interactive it's pretty cool. I already swapped the rear panel around as I installed it in
a hurry and over looked it.

I am extremely pleased with the Trinity kit, and the end product. Looking at the photos I am still in shock how well it
turned out. It'll be around for a loooonnnggggg time.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 11:20 pm 
Novice
Novice

Glad you are pleased with your amp.

You will probably like it even more with the VRM installed.

Keep us posted on your impressions after the installation.

Sudden volume: My old Traynor Bass Mate behaves like your amp. Next to no volume up to 2.5 and suddenly it becomes very loud and attains full volume at 3. With a 15 inch speaker in a small room the windows shake.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 12:06 am 
Expert
Expert

b0b0 wrote:
Kinda cool being able to peek at the circuitry, though.
Yeah, and to be able to poke fingers onto live wires inside the amp. :shock: :bugeye: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 7:37 am 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

Nice to see pictures. Looks great and I'm sure it will be a keeper. Nice to see a person in a pic too! To know the 'man' behind the amp.