trinityamps.com

Trinity Amps Guitar Amp Forum
It is currently Tue Jul 16, 2024 7:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: NewTRIWATT on the Block
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:01 pm 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

Here is a new TRIWATT with 212 Extension cabinet that is shipping out Saturday to Richmond Hill, ON. Lucky Guy, I'd like to keep it for myself! This is the second TRIWATT to come out of our new facility in Brighton.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:04 pm 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

Innards:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:06 pm 
Expert
Expert

Nice job! :thumbsup:

For a moment I thought I was looking at a gut shot from one of my own builds - except for one small cosmetic detail. :D

What speakers have you got in that cab?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:59 pm 
Friend
Friend

I am the proud owner of that Triwatt!!

What an incredible amp! I have never played through a vintage Hiwatt, but as a serious classic rock fan, I've had those tones in my head for over 30 years. Suffices to say those tones are all there in the Triwatt! I was looking primarily for the 70's Gilmour and Townshend sounds, and it just NAILS these.

The workmanship is phenomenal as well. I own and have owned a variety of other "boutique" amps, and Trinity is top notch!!!

I am using "BBQ" FC12's in the cabinet. These are modelled on the Fane Crescendo's like Gilmour used in his WEM cabinets. They are punchy, and very smooth, with no treble harshness.

And for those of you who are in the GTA, the beautiful scenic drive to Brighton is half the fun of picking up your Trinity amp!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:06 pm 
Expert
Expert

soldersniffer wrote:
What an incredible amp! I have never played through a vintage Hiwatt, but as a serious classic rock fan, I've had those tones in my head for over 30 years. Suffices to say those tones are all there in the Triwatt! I was looking primarily for the 70's Gilmour and Townshend sounds, and it just NAILS these.

The workmanship is phenomenal as well. I own and have owned a variety of other "boutique" amps, and Trinity is top notch!!!

I am using "BBQ" FC12's in the cabinet. These are modelled on the Fane Crescendo's like Gilmour used in his WEM cabinets. They are punchy, and very smooth, with no treble harshness.

Sweet!! :D I'm so glad you like your new Triwatt. :D

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:53 pm 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

soldersniffer wrote:

And for those of you who are in the GTA, the beautiful scenic drive to Brighton is half the fun of picking up your Trinity amp!

And I had the pleasure of listening to you play all that good stuff too! Sounded great!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:15 pm 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

Here's a first clip using this TRIWATT.

I recorded the rhythm for Pink Floyd's Breathe over a backing track with the TRIWATT. I actually doubled the guitar over my original recording which was done on my Deluxe Reverb, so you faintly hear the original rhythm, but the dominant tone is from the TRIWATT. The signal chain was pretty straight forward...

Strat > Uni-Vibe clone > mild Delay > TRIWATT (close mic'd off center with an Audix OM-2 mic into a Boss BR600 digital recorder).

The original rhythm signal chain was:

Tele > Compressor > Phaser > Delay > Deluxe Reverb with mild Tremolo (in combination with the Phaser, it mimics a Uni-Vibe sound pretty closely)

There is a 3 sec silent gap at the beginning of the clip.

http://www.trinityamps.com/clips/hen/Breathe2.mp3

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:38 am 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

Second Clip, "Mother".

http://www.trinityamps.com/clips/hen/Mother.mp3

Strat on bridge pickup with Seymour Duncan SSL5 pickup
Barber Tone Press Compressor Vol 11:00, Blend 1:00, Sustain 1:00
BYOC Ram's Head Big Muff clone Vol 10:00, Tone 11:30, Sustain 4:00
Hartman Flanger (through an Xotic Blender at 70% wet signal) Speed 1:00, Depth 10:30, Colour 10:00
Eventide Time Factor Delay at 440ms at 7% wet signal
TRIWATT Normal Vol 1:00, Bright Vol 1:30, OD off, Bass 10:00, Treble 12:00, Mid 11:00, Presence 1:00, Master Vol 11:00
A little reverb added in the final mix on the Boss BR600

.. and an update from 'Comfortably Numb'

- Removed the variable blender on the flanger and ran the flanger 100% in the mix
- Dialed back the mids on the TRIWATT
- No post-EQ on the Boss recorder
- A bit of reverb added on the Boss recorder

By the way, this was recorded at very reasonable volume (family asleep upstairs).

http://www.trinityamps.com/clips/hen/Numb2.mp3

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:00 am 
Friend
Friend

Thanks Stephen! I'll start a dedicated thread for this soon...

Some comments on Comfortably Numb...there is some post-EQ on the guitar. You really need to bring up the highs and cut the bass to get that tone, and even still it's not perfect. I'm going to try to dial this in at the amp or with the pedals next time. Also Gilmour splits off part of the signal to a rotating speaker. I may try to simulate this with the uni-vibe clone partially blended into the mix.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:03 am 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

Numb2 posted as above. Retake of the first solo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:31 am 
Friend
Friend

soldersniffer wrote:

That is sweet, I'm thinking maybe more usable than my Hiwatt as well.
What are BBQ FC12s? Website or?

J

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:28 am 
Friend
Friend

If you're playing at home or in small venues, it will be FAR more usable than a Hiwatt.

BBQ is code for a popular speaker company starting with 'W'. A company by the same name also makes BBQ's...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:14 pm 
Friend
Friend

BBQ...got it, thanks. I'll go check them out.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:16 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

coco wrote:
Here is a new TRIWATT with 212 Extension cabinet that is shipping out Saturday to Richmond Hill, ON. Lucky Guy, I'd like to keep it for myself! This is the second TRIWATT to come out of our new facility in Brighton.

Is this an open backed or closed back cabinet? I couldn't find any pics of the back.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:23 pm 
Friend
Friend

It can be either! The middle panel on the back of the cab is removable. I run it closed back at home, because I really don't need the extra "surround sound" of the open back.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:01 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

Thanks !

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:20 am 

That wiring job looks pretty nice!! Good job!! 8)

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 3:12 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

coco wrote:
Innards:

Disclaimer: Just beginning my Triwatt research, so I may be behind a bit...

I don't see the power supply board off at the end of the chassis or the little relay for the footswitch. Do factory amps (i.e. not kits) not come ready for a footswitch?

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 10:57 pm 
Expert
Expert

Yes, the factory-built ones have the option of the footswitch circuit.