trinityamps.com

Trinity Amps Guitar Amp Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Triwatt as bass head?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:27 pm 
Friend
Friend

Hi, I know you are now offering a bona fide bass amp with the Trip Top, but how does the Triwatt sound as a bass amp?

I know a handful of folks playing bass with a actual DR103. As the Triwatt is a lower powered version of this, I imagine it would sound pretty A-OK? Has anyone tried this?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:42 pm 
Friend
Friend

I did find a single user over at Talkbass that has built one and apparently uses it for bass, as a P bass and Bass VI were in photos.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 5:12 am 

This is the first time I heard about this. Have you tried it and success?

free games unblocked

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2022 5:05 am 
Friend
Friend

I had not previously heard of this. Did you try it and have success? geometry dash

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2022 3:28 am 

I know a few people that play bass on a real DR103. Because the Triwatt is a lesser powered version of this, I'm guessing it would sound fine? Has anybody attempted this? snow rider 3d

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2023 11:40 pm 

With a Zen Drive and an AC Booster, it sounded fantastic. In this regard, the amplifier is quite adaptable. You can try octordle

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2023 7:32 am 

A 100 – 150 watt bass amp is the bare minimum to use for rehearsals and small gigs; 300 watts is better since it allows the amp to push out the same or louder volume with less effort or strain. A louder amp doesn't have to work as hard, which means less chance of overheating, blowing a fuse or damaging a speaker.Unless there's a house PA that can handle the bass, you're likely gonna need to buy or borrow something bigger. I'd love language test say 250W is minimum. Depends on the act's style of course, a 100w would possibly work with a drummerless acoustic act...I typically recommend between 300 and 800 if you are playing larger auditoriums without a sound system to play through or are playing outside. Anything larger than 800 watts is overkill because any venue where you would need that much wattage will have you playing through a sound system.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:07 am 

The Triwatt amp, akin to the DR103, indeed offers a robust platform for bass with its classic tonal depth. While designed for guitar, its lower power still boasts the signature harmonics and warmth ideal for bass tones. Users have experimented, finding the Triwatt's rich midrange and responsive dynamics appealing for bass. It's not a specialized bass amp, but its versatility impresses. Consider experimenting with different EQ settings or coupling it with a dedicated Sand Filter System to tailor it further for bass frequencies.

Farm Island - Download & Play for Free Here