trinityamps.com

Trinity Amps Guitar Amp Forum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:14 pm 
Novice
Novice

:mrgreen:

I just discovered this place, and Trinity amps, about a week ago...and in a whirlwind of being highly impressed with the Tramp, I just ordered myself a kit. :D I've done some electronic tinkering over the years, and have always wanted to try my hand at building an amp. Now, being in the market for a new amp anyway, I've decided to take a shot at it.

So anyway...I'll be hanging around awhile. :bugeye: <-- great smiley!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:05 pm 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

Welcome to the forum. I'm sure you'll find it a great place for help and information.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:32 pm 
Novice
Novice

My kit arrived today! :happydance: I'm going to get it started this weekend (I think... :hmmm:), and start shopping for the power tube & speaker...right now I'm awaiting a 12" Tone Tubby for my Classic 30, so I'll have something around to use until I settle on where I'm going w/cabinet, etc (maybe 2x10s, or... :hmmm: )

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:55 pm 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

Excellent. Keep us posted on your progress.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:25 am 
Novice
Novice

Will do. :) I've enjoyed the other stories so far - hope mine turns out to be a good one. :D

Haven't started on the work yet. Had to concentrate on clearing a space that will be undisturbed for awhile - made good progress on that yesterday, though (long story). I'm going to set up my work area later this week & see what I can do to get started!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:07 pm 
Expert
Expert

willowhaus wrote:
.... I just ordered myself a kit. :D I've done some electronic tinkering over the years, and have always wanted to try my hand at building an amp. Now, being in the market for a new amp anyway, I've decided to take a shot at it.

No, no, run for your life while you have the chance! Amp building is more addictive than crack.

Relax said the night man
We are programmed to receive
You can check out any time you like
But you can never leave

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:33 pm 
Expert
Expert

Like crack indeed. Keeps your wallet empty & spouses angry! :)

Love the Eagles quote Phil. :)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:50 pm 
Novice
Novice

small update: still have yet to start the build, but it's probably better that I've been delayed given the updated layout! :shock: :mrgreen:

Yesterday, however, I managed to score a good deal on an unfinished 12" speaker cabinet on ebay that should be just right for housing the new amp! I don't mind a little woodworking, like doing the cutouts, but I'm really not prepared to build the box from scratch. I looked at some pre-fab options, but didn't find anything exactly right so I've been keeping my eyes out for a deal.

Saw this yesterday - slightly larger than the Trinity cab, so I know it will fit; might have to re-do the baffle, definitely the rear panel (I might be able to use the back panel to cut a new baffle & only have to fabricate a rear panel :hmmm: ).

Came across the auction with 5 minutes to go...$50 + $35 shipping, $85 cabinet. :happydance: w00t!