trinityamps.com

Trinity Amps Guitar Amp Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Load/bias switches
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 4:49 pm 

Hey guys,

Bought a tramp a week or so ago, and I was hoping to find an owners manual or at least a quick explanation of the load and bias switches on the back.

Mine came with a rattly 6L6 in it, with a spare 6v6. So I put in the 6v6, and moved the switch from el34 to 6v6 but I have no idea what the "load" (5k-2.5k) switch is supposed to be set at?

Or if that switch should even have been on el34 setting for a 6l6 tube?

It sounds great, I'm starting to find the sounds I want with the knobs, although it's quite different from what I'm used to.

I've had tube amps before but they were pretty much plug in and play, this one seems to assume a level of knowledge with electronics that I don't currently have...and without an owners manual, I'd rather not blow something up.

I emailed trinity a couple days ago but haven't heard back.

Anyways, if someone could clarify, or point me at a link to a manual or explanation I'd appreciate it!

Cheers,
Ryan

Post subject: Re: Load/bias switches
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 8:11 pm 

Thinking about it, what'd be great is if I could make up a little card and tape it inside the amp.

For x tube, switches are in these positions. Seems like most guys build these, so they're pretty intimate with the workings. Me, not so much lol.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 1:44 am 
Experienced
Experienced

Not sure why you've had no replies but the forum looks very, very quiet of late, here's some info from the current builders guide that hopefully will help you (hopefully the pic works).

The Builders Guide serves as somewhat of an owners manual, here is the link to the Guide in the Support section.
https://www.trinityamps.com/wp-docs/Tra ... sGuide.pdf

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2022 1:26 am 

No457 Snowy wrote:
Not sure why you've had no replies but the forum looks very, very quiet of late, here's some info from the current builders guide that hopefully will help you (hopefully the pic works).

The Builders Guide serves as somewhat of an owners manual, here is the link to the Guide in the Support section.
https://www.trinityamps.com/wp-docs/Tra ... sGuide.pdf

Thanks ! That's exactly what I wanted.

I found a smaller version that looks like it's a sticker that's supposed to be inside the amp. Mine was built by trinity, it's kinda surprising they don't put a tag with that info inside to help people out who aren't amp builders...

And yeah slow forum I guess. I even emailed Trinity a couple times and didn't hear back. Was starting to wonder if they're out of business.