trinityamps.com

Trinity Amps Guitar Amp Forum
It is currently Wed Jul 17, 2024 7:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:16 am 
Novice
Novice

If any of you are like me and have somewhat fat fingers sometimes, and you, like me, find it to sometimes be infuriating to try and solder all your wires onto your 9 pin sockets, I have a recommendation for you...

tubedepot.com sells "heavy duty" 9 pin sockets, for i think the same price or maybe a dollar more, as their other sockets, but they're way better.

All the solder pins are a lot closer to the edge of the underside of the socket, so they're spaced further apart than the normal ones and they're slightly bigger too. The sockets themselves are ceramic, and their mounting hardware is attached to the socket so they can't come apart.

I forgot how big the hole they need is, but i think it was 7/8". It says on the site anyway.

The sheilds are marked with cyrillic letters and appear to be dated 1994.

I'm especially glad that I found these sockets, seeing as how the lightning needs five of 'em, and i was NOT looking forward to using the normal tiny little sockets.

anyway, I just figured that some of you might be interested, I'm sure not all of us are super endowed with dexterity ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 7:32 am 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

There are times I wish I had those sockets on hand! It does become a challenge. Thanks for the tip! BTW, 7/8" Dia. and $0.50 more.

Did you find the Tube Depot to be a good source?

Post subject: tube depot
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 9:38 am 
Novice
Novice

yeah I've used tube depot for allll my tube and socket needs thus far, and they've been GREAT.

their service is ridiculously fast, they usually ship by the end of the same business day they receive the order, their prices are good, I don't know if they're the rock-bottom cheapest, but if not, they're damn close. Their support is really good too, I've emailed them a number of questions about various tube-related things and they respond very fast.

they're a great company to deal with, definitely, and they have a very wide selection. They have a huge range of NOS stuff for great prices too.

good times :)