trinityamps.com

Trinity Amps Guitar Amp Forum
It is currently Tue Jul 16, 2024 2:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:36 pm 
Expert
Expert

See if this works, I bought some much needed computer speakers. I had Klipsch, but they died for now. Anyway, at your local Best Buy. I got a great deal on some Harmon Cardon ( :happydance: :happydance: ) I paid $100.00 for this great space age speakers. Even the satellite's have are ported :shock: And do they blow some air :lol: :lol:

The kicker, of course, is these will rival any Bose I've heard.
If ya gotta go go with great sounds in your head :D :D
Music is such great peace.
Later

http://www.harmankardon.com/large.aspx? ... nguage=ENG

The sub has 2 led's which happen to match all the blue led's I have in my computer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:19 pm 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

I have had decent luck with Altec. Always looking for a good set for my shop tho. Like to Rock ' n Build!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:28 am 
Expert
Expert

Well :D :D
If you need something for your shop :shock: :D here's my review :roll: :roll:

The Harmon/Kardon I just bought have the most crystal clarity I have ever heard. No lie.
They are not extremely lowd though. Hmm... by that I mean, well, the police are not showing up :rol
They're lowd, but, within a shop, I would think you want to beat the shop tools (obviously your choice of what you want :) )! these speakers are great for, well, if the phone rings, you'll still hear it :shock: :shock: :D

BUT !
If you want to rock and roll and still hear the music when the Drill press and table saw are on, well.... then :lol: There's only 1 speaker system for you :D. The Klipsch 2.1!

This is the 1 that will play all your computer music and play louder then your power tools. And play loud enough to call the police. Yes, these actually call them :shock: :shock: It's an amazing thing, but they really call them :rol :rol The quality at any level is also incredible.
On top of that, they're not that expensive :shock: :shock:
Mine died from my 2 moves! Go figure! The DIN cable died. Have to build a new 1, but, of course, no longer easy for me :shock: :lol:
The system has a history of the DIN cable breaking. Not a big problem, especially if your placing the system in 1 spot.

But I'm telling you this is the most awesome system ever for sound reproduction from a computer.

So, Ha, I'm listening to Roger Water's "Amused to death", as I'm typing. It's like he's right next to me. The clarity is incredible.
But, I'm not in the shop :D

My suggestion is to head to your place of, well, wherever you buy them in canuck land (sorry, couldn't resist, :D ) and try them. But I'm telling you, they are the best in the land for the price (without buying a Bose) and you won't regret it.
You won't regret the Klipsch for your shop, just don't move like me :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol:
Or, of course, just be careful with the Din cable, duh (always learn afterwards, eh)

What a dissertation.
:chatter: :chatter:

Really though, go get them, you'll never look back :D
They're that good 8) 8) 8)
Later, head hurts!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:31 am 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

Seems to be popular in US. Cant find them in usual places in Canada but lots on ebay!! Maybe older model?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:01 pm 
Expert
Expert

i'll check the 3's on ebay for you, if they're the same 1, then go for it :D :D