Trinity Amps Guitar Amp Forum
It is currently Thu Jul 18, 2024 4:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:02 am 
Experienced
Experienced

jcny wrote:

Besides, if you're doing a concept to design this fast, we're going to start expecting a new Trinity design EVERY YEAR :shock: :D :shock: :D

My wife is not going to like that... :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:55 pm 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

bgroup wrote:
Don't worry, I've already been bugging Stephen for a couple of months about the next amp on my wishlist... ;) :lol:

LOL, see Tramp

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:03 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

zaphod wrote:
bgroup wrote:
Don't worry, I've already been bugging Stephen for a couple of months about the next amp on my wishlist... ;) :lol:

And I've already got plans for how we do that one, which I've talked to Stephen about. :D I guess you mean "the amp formally known as Tweedle", which is already part done, and then there's a 100W/200W version of the B-15N I want to do for my bass-playing fraternity.... :roll: But right now, we're busy getting Triwatts out for all the orders. :D

I was referring to the B-15, but I was going to keep it under wraps so you guys didn't get hassled publicly... but now that's it out in the open... :twisted: :shock: :P :lol: 8)

www.slyfichapel.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:25 am 
Expert
Expert

Having done quite a lot of bass playing over the years, I've wanted to build myself a bass amp for a long time. My attention was already on Ampeg's Portaflex bass amps, before we got into the discussion about your B-15N, and doing something similar. It just seems like another one of those happy coincidences. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:20 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

WOO HOO!!!!!! :P :D :P :D

A B-15N would be GREAT to go with my recently up and running Ampeg GV-22 (thanks Jac).

This one's got my vote!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:38 pm 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

jcny wrote:
A B-15N would be GREAT to go with my recently up and running Ampeg GV-22 (thanks Jac). This one's got my vote!!!!!

Tramp first - jcny!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:42 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

I know, I know :oops: :oops:

Still have to build the Triwatt and a TC first :P :P

Then 8) 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:54 pm 
Expert
Expert

Seriously...you guys have some sort of psychic thing happening. Not 2 days ago a bass player friend of mine was asking me if I could put an amp together for him, and I told him I couldn't wait for someone to put a vintage Ampeg kit together that I could have a go at!

I've been playing around with the Sunn Coliseum Bass schematic for a while now, but I don't know if I'll ever get to the point where I'd be able to build something like that! I just don't have the time (or the patience) to do all the necessary legwork...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:11 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

Know what you mean Emo' :D :D

Then again, I think this forum is an interesting lot :P
How many of us are engineers? I think it's a good percentage :P

Looking at a lot of the build pictures there is a LOT of "old school" quality craftsmanship evident, lot's of "technical" looking stuff going on, so I'm not too surprised that our "wish lists" would tend to be similar :D :D :D

Whatever it is, I'm sure glad I found this place!!!!!!
Where else could I get:

Marshall tones: check, got my SIIIv6
Hiwatt tones: check, Triwatt on it's way
Matchless / Vox tones: TC will be my next build
Ampeg tones: Check, have an Ampeg GV-22 (thanks Jac), possible B-15N coming :D :D :D

Only thinks missing so far:

Fender Tweed: going to have to get to a Deluxe!

Gibson: got a schematic for the mid-50's GA-40 / GA-45, going to eventually do a head version.
Magnatone: been working on something, WAY back burner :)

THANKS EVERYONE AT TRINITY :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:50 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

Maybe the B-15 discussion should go to the Dressing Room?? :?

Anyway, I've done a number of sessions with my 70's B-15N side-by-side with the recent B-15R reissue, and I can tell you they both sound like B-15's but they're VERY different (in a great way) and really work with different basses - I need both... so I've been on the hunt for the reissue for quite some time... they recently discontinued them, and they're just not coming up for sale very often so I started to think about a Trinity B-15!! Given Stephen's hi-fi, clean, open tastes I can imagine the Trinity would sound closer to the B-15R and then I could abandon my search! So I immediately started bugging Stephen about it and found out he had already walked partway down that road!!! :)

So, yes, yes Stephen (and Phil!) Tramp/Tweedle first, but after that we'll have a B-15 army assembled!! :shock: Oh man, I can only imagine how amazing it will sound with a 15" TT!!!!!! 8) :D :lol:

You see, this is what happens when I haven't had the Triwatt in my studio for a few weeks!!!!!!!!! :twisted: :wink:

www.slyfichapel.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:23 am 
Expert
Expert

We have to sell a whole bunch of Triwatts to recover the initial investment, before we can get into things like the bass amp project.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:36 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

zaphod wrote:
We have to sell a whole bunch of Triwatts to recover the initial investment, before we can get into things like the bass amp project.

Oh how boring Phil, way to kill the buzz... ;) :lol:

www.slyfichapel.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:40 pm 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

Yes, let's move this to the Dressing Room. Considering that I have a B15 prototype in my basement that just needs a little work...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:51 pm 
Expert
Expert

Now moved! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:31 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

OK, so B15... a single 15" speaker like my 70's B15N, or a 15" and a tweeter like on the B15R reissue? I always just turned off the tweeter on the reissue so my vote is for the single 15" (that Tone Tubby's going to be AWESOME, I know it!!), but wondering if any of you guys would have any use for the tweeter?

www.slyfichapel.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:00 pm 
Expert
Expert

ummm,,, :shock: :shock: :shock: :? :? :?
Where's the plans :?: :?: :?: :shock: :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:15 pm 
Expert
Expert

bgroup wrote:
OK, so B15... a single 15" speaker like my 70's B15N, or a 15" and a tweeter like on the B15R reissue? I always just turned off the tweeter on the reissue so my vote is for the single 15" (that Tone Tubby's going to be AWESOME, I know it!!), but wondering if any of you guys would have any use for the tweeter?

Depends on the application I suppose. I was never a fan of it. I don't like bass to sound too hi-fi. Well-defined yes, but I prefer the rolling thunder kind of thing. If you want it a little more snap than thunder you can always use 10" drivers instead of the 15". Or a combination of both.

This would ideal for another project that's currently waiting for my attention. An old 70's Yamaha B100 combo with a 15" driver & a dead power stage. I was thinking for restoring the cab, replacing the baffle with a 4x10 (or maybe a 15" + 2x10") & dropping an all-tube bass chassis in there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:27 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

jac wrote:
ummm,,, :shock: :shock: :shock: :? :? :?
Where's the plans :?: :?: :?: :shock: :shock:

There aren't any formal plans AFAIK... yet... but Stephen has a half done B15 prototype in his shop, and without knowing that, I recently suggested that a B15 could be a cool future project for Trinity. Then we found out that Phil's had a bass amp on his radar, so it's looking like a B15 could be in the works... at some point...

I'm confident it WILL happen... when? is the question... :wink: :D

So, with that said jac - 15" or 15" with tweeter??!! :wink:

www.slyfichapel.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:30 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

Emohawk wrote:
Depends on the application I suppose. I was never a fan of it. I don't like bass to sound too hi-fi. Well-defined yes, but I prefer the rolling thunder kind of thing. If you want it a little more snap than thunder you can always use 10" drivers instead of the 15". Or a combination of both.

Agreed - I don't think it's necessary, and I'm not a fan at all of "hi-fi bass"... I get everything I need out of the 15. Never been a fan of 10's for bass. Frankly I don't get it at all - have never heard "thunder" out of 10's for bass... except for maybe an SVT with 8x10!!

www.slyfichapel.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:41 pm 
Expert
Expert

I was talking about the "Tweedle", lol. I still want to see the "Tweedle". I went ahead and got the "Triwatt", :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :D :D
I think Coco did that on purpose, so I would have to buy both amps :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I don't mind, but I think the "Tweedle" should be next to help Trinity. Get a great small amp out there.

Now!!!
I want the bass B-15, as much as you. What sucks, is I have to keep paying for all these amps. But I really, really want that B-15 Trinity bassman also.
Life is good and it all revolves around tubes :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: 8)