trinityamps.com

Trinity Amps Guitar Amp Forum
It is currently Thu Jul 18, 2024 1:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:40 pm 
Expert
Expert

Here's a speaker I came across, I have no clue where she came from :? :? :? :? :? :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol:
So here's some pics (when Coco uploads them, lol)

The kicker is , is it has a plastic bellcap with the specs of the speaker.
Cool huh :shock: :shock: :shock: :D :D

9 oz. alnico 5
25 watt
8 ohm
and a GE.

Anyone know what it is?????
I have such strange stuff :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:48 pm 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

Looks vintage = = cool 8)

Probably Hi Fi in the day. Might not take the live Guitar

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:07 pm 
Expert
Expert

Have to try.
When you have a bunch, ya gotta play :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
It is a 12". Why not :shock: :shock: :D :D :lol: :lol: 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:24 pm 
Expert
Expert

Bet ya if I push like a 6 or 12 watt amp, she might sound pretty good :shock: :D 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:31 am 
Experienced
Experienced

Hey jac, sorry for the delay responding here... I've never seen that speaker, so I have no idea... Let us know how it is!! :)

Speaking of speakers, I just bought an old Hammond Organ and it came with the Leslie and also an old Hammond Tone Cabinet... with nine 10" speakers and two 12" speakers!!! In one cab!!!!!! And apparently they're all vintage Jensens!! I need a preamp to try it with guitar, but you'd better believe I will!!!!!! :) 8)

www.slyfichapel.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:45 am 
Expert
Expert

This is no lie. I also OWNED a Tone cabinet. I can't say how I got it, you'll ... well..
I had to trash the beautiful cherry cabinet. (don't bitch please, circumstances during the age) But I still have all the speakers. Haven't figured out what to do with all those 10" Jensen's. The 12" Jensen's are the premier of all Jensen's. Check the number, bet I'm right. Well, unless somebody replaced them????
I think it's the most beautiful cabinet ever built by Hammond.
Cheers

Oh, duh
Be careful when you fire her up.
The speakers will be very bright for a guitar. The organ is soooo low and the Jensen's were perfect. You'll blow her if you push her too hard. A tube preamp is the best, and then slowly push her till you get what you want.
Kay!!!

Oh, and I can't resist.
I have a beautiful Hammond B-3 with the Leslie. Sounds wonderful.
So big and so heavy that I had to store it over a friends house. Pay a little rent, but I love having her.
8) 8) 8) 8)

Have fun with your great find! :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :D :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:34 am 
Experienced
Experienced

jac wrote:
This is no lie. I also OWNED a Tone cabinet. I can't say how I got it, you'll ... well..
I had to trash the beautiful cherry cabinet. (don't bitch please, circumstances during the age) But I still have all the speakers. Haven't figured out what to do with all those 10" Jensen's. The 12" Jensen's are the premier of all Jensen's. Check the number, bet I'm right. Well, unless somebody replaced them????
I think it's the most beautiful cabinet ever built by Hammond.
Cheers

Oh, duh
Be careful when you fire her up.
The speakers will be very bright for a guitar. The organ is soooo low and the Jensen's were perfect. You'll blow her if you push her too hard. A tube preamp is the best, and then slowly push her till you get what you want.
Kay!!!

Oh, and I can't resist.
I have a beautiful Hammond B-3 with the Leslie. Sounds wonderful.
So big and so heavy that I had to store it over a friends house. Pay a little rent, but I love having her.
8) 8) 8) 8)

Have fun with your great find! :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :D :D :D

That's cool jac! I'm dying to try guitar through it - I'm going to get one of the Trek ii preamps so I can use it with my Leslie as well... although I already have a Leslie 18 guitar leslie... I guess you can never have enough flavors!! ;)

That's awesome you have a B-3... you know, you could have stored it at my studio and no money would have had to change hands!!!! ;) :? :lol: And of course when your friend is sick of housing it, I'd be happy to take it off your hands!!! ;)

My Hammond is a CV with the Trek ii percussion mod which makes it essentially a C-3 (B-3 in a church case). It's from 1945, before they even made B-3's! Rumour has it the CV's have a slightly different amp or something which give them a little more bottom end, but so far it just sounds like a really awesome B-3 to me!! My Leslie is a 251 which is a 147 with an additional non-rotating channel for reverb. The tone cab is an HR-40 and it's pretty minty and I'm pretty sure it's original so those Jensens would be the ones...

How amazing is the feeling of sitting in front of a Hammond with the Leslie screaming!!!!!! 8) :lol: :D

www.slyfichapel.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:23 am 
Experienced
Experienced

there is nothing like a hammond.

My buddy got one of their old entry level models, two sets of keys on it but only like 44 keys per board. two 10" jensens in it with the rotating cone inside the piano. it also has 8 bass keys. He got it two years ago. The price: A bag of weed. No joke, this stoner had it and it was a gift from his dad, the hippie thought it was some old piece of crap.

Has anyone tried the new ones? I wonder if they are any good. I also wonder if any electronic keyboards are any good at copping that origianl feel... probably like SS amps, they can get close, but no cigar.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:29 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

I have a mint 1959 M3 and a Leslie 112 (passive Leslie, 1-12" and no amp of it's own). TBH, once I invested in a decent keyboard I really haven't turned on the Hammond since.
I can't bring myself to get rid of it. Maybe I'll have my wife bury me in it since it's the nicest piece of furniture I own :lol:
I was thinking of eventually building myself a simple 18 watt and using the Leslie for guitar. I had two of them on stage throughout the 70's :shock: Nature's chorus pedal, well not all natural :wink:

Joe G

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:53 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

What keyboard ousted the hammond?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:44 pm 
Expert
Expert

Quote:
And of course when your friend is sick of housing it, I'd be happy to take it off your hands!!!

And we'll get it there "HOW"
Funny though, I would actually do this, no kidding.
More reason for me to come up, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: And of course I screwed this up :roll: :roll: :roll:
She is in amazing shape.
Ask jcny about my gear :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

And I love the power of a leslie under my body :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:01 pm 
Expert
Expert

Revv
Hammond has come out with a on-a-stand keyboard, that they swear will sound the same.
About $3000.00

Joey
That's not a bad idea, I think I'll steal it, :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:14 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

jac wrote:
Quote:
And of course when your friend is sick of housing it, I'd be happy to take it off your hands!!!

And we'll get it there "HOW"
Funny though, I would actually do this, no kidding.
More reason for me to come up, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: And of course I screwed this up :roll: :roll: :roll:
She is in amazing shape.
Ask jcny about my gear :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

And I love the power of a leslie under my body :D :D

The "how" is easy! Where there's a will there's a way, and I have friends with big trucks and big muscles that like road trips!! LOL! As far as I'm concerned, if you're serious, the only question is "when"??!!

Ain't nothing like the real thing baby... believe me, I've got as many keyboards as I do guitars/guitar amps and there's close but no cigar... the only thing usable as a substitute - which is cool in its own right, but isn't the same - is my either my Crumar or Wurlitzer combo organ through my guitar leslie... nothing has the depth/dimension of a real Hammond... Anything digital/modeled just ain't it for me, and believe me I really wanted to find a substitute!!

www.slyfichapel.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:43 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

Quote:
What keyboard ousted the hammond?

I agree with Brent on this one. There is nothing like a real Hammond through a Leslie. The problem I think is that most digital keyboards tend to feature certain "money" patches and with the exception of the organ-o-like keyboards, that focus is generally on the pianos. I have an Alesis QS8.1 and an old Kawai K-4 that each have very usable but very different Hammond/Leslie sounds. They sound great recorded and are just too convenient to go back to the real deal. To mic up a Leslie correctly in a personal studio is just ridiculous for me, so there the Hammond sits in all it's laminated cherry glory, now needing a cap job I'm sure. Maybe Brent can send those strappin' guys to my place on the way back from Jac's :cry:

Joe G

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:56 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

jac wrote:
Revv
Hammond has come out with a on-a-stand keyboard, that they swear will sound the same.
About $3000.00

Joey
That's not a bad idea, I think I'll steal it, :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

No tonewheels isn't a hammond.

Too bad the originals are so damn big and heavy...

I want one lol :)