trinityamps.com

Trinity Amps Guitar Amp Forum
It is currently Fri Jul 19, 2024 3:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:11 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

As many of you guys know, I sold off all my other amps soon after I was struck by the Trinity bug almost three years ago (and now I play my 18 sIII, my TC15 and T15, and Triwatt excusively). I was up untill then playing a Fender DRRI, Orange rocker 30 and Marshall JCM900.

Last night I gigged with one of the bands I play in, and myself and the other guitarist decided to bring only our Teles (standard single coil Tele pups). I was playing my Triwatt, and have a few high gain OD pedals I also use (plexitube and fulltone OCD). He uses his Rocker 50 head&cab.

Here is the thing... my amp, even with the OD set at half and with my OD pedals on, is near whisper quiet with me standing only a few feet in front of the amp!

My buddy, with the Orange R50 was SO noisy, even on the "clean" channel it was disgusting. Seriously, the noise was almost unbearable and I am hoping for tonight's gig he either brings a HB equipped guitar, or his TC15 or both :)

I still am amazed at HOW QUIET these hand built/wired amps are, and you sort of forget until you play with someone using something else. I forgot how noisy my old amps were as well.

AJC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:10 pm 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

That's quite impressive. Makes you wonder why people put up with that kind of quality. I guess if they've never heard anything else. Now maybe he'll bring in the TC-15 for tonights gig!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:00 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

You sure it doesn't have something to do with that awesome tele you made?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:45 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

Revv23 wrote:
You sure it doesn't have something to do with that awesome tele you made?

Well, the pickups are just standard Tele pickups (hand wound ones from BG custom pickups, but standard pups none the less)

I remember my Orange R30 I used to gig before I started playing my Trinity stuff.... it was the same, but not as bad - just really noisy when the gain was up. The Fender DRRI I had, I sold to my buddy who plays the O R50 - and he keeps it at the rehersal space. Its noisy as hell too!

You have a tendency to forget how quiet these "booteek" hand wired amps are untill you play something thats not!

AJC