trinityamps.com

Trinity Amps Guitar Amp Forum
It is currently Tue Jul 16, 2024 1:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Low B+ on intial fire up
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2024 8:42 am 

Hi Trinity community!
I just completed assembly of my OSD kit with Buff Fx loop.
Triple checked all values and connections using DMM and Layout highlighting as I go and no discrepancies found. Did inital power up without tubes and all seemed ok but most of the voltages were al little low approx 10%. Then with tubes in I got that attached readings.
Do these all look close enough? I tried pulling B+ off the buff fx to see if that made a difference and it did not. Thank you all so much in advance for your help and time,

Attachments:
File comment: Build
20240620_190321.jpg
20240620_190321.jpg [ 1.96 MiB | Viewed 551 times ]
File comment: Measurements
20240620_192412.jpg
20240620_192412.jpg [ 2.8 MiB | Viewed 551 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2024 8:46 pm 

Your build looks great! I’m curious to get your thoughts on the trilator I built mine standard at first and I’ve had good luck with a buffered reverb and delay pedal in the passive loop so I haven’t installed it yet.

My voltages are similar with 6L6s. I found that if I remove the 150K bleed resistor at the end of the power rail I was able to get voltages much more in line with the readings on the schematic. To me the amp is a little cleaner with more headroom and that great sparkling clean tone. I’m considering addIng a choke in place of the 500 ohm resistor, which may also bring up the preamp voltages slightly.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2024 10:28 am 

Hi,
mgautraud to be honest I havent had a chance to use or setup the semd and return on the buff fx yet. I probably should have gone your route and built it stock then later added the buff fx but i found all the lead dress easier to just install the tube fx initially. I haven't tried 6l6 yet since I mainly play in my studio at home and 6v6s are loud enough. The voltages seemed low to me but the amp sounds great, I can try removing the 150k too and see what it does to the voltages and the the amps over all sound. I have built a couple other amp kits but am nowhere near proficient in tube amps and their theory. Also i had to use tubes I had stashed but just received a new round of tubes: jj 6v6 matches, mullard RI, tung sol, and jj matched triode for PI. Once i get them swapped ill re chech voltages and then reset the PI triode inbalance. I will keep you posted about the buff fx once setup and also the 150k and tube swap. Thanks for your reply too!