trinityamps.com

Trinity Amps Guitar Amp Forum
It is currently Tue Jul 16, 2024 7:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:34 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

I am a closet musician for sure, I hardly ever play in front of anyone, and even some of my close friends have never heard me play. Even though I've been playing for about 5 and a half years now.

A new friend of mine stopped over this sat night for a few beers. Anyway, we talked music, listened to our favorite artists and had a great night.

I had offhandedly mentioned I played guitar and so he talked me into firing up my sIII.

I played my strat straight into the normal channel, set the tone at noon and turned the volume up to three o'clock. This guy has been out gigging as a drummer for over 10 years now and he couldn't believe it.

First thing he mentioned is "that thing is only 18w!? NO WAY!"

Other reactions included him giggle' ing like a little kid, and playing air guitar alongside me.

He was really impressed about how I could go from full on distortion to clean just by changing the way i pick.

The thing he was most impressed with was how raw it sounded. Anyone who plays the 18w knows, this isn't a hifi distortion sound, nor is it a metal sound. It is open, rough, gritty, and big.

As for my playing he commented on how I miss technical stuff in favor of going a bit ahead or behind the song to really add emotion rather than worrying about hitting a scale perfect or something. I insisted it was my amp that inspired that play style more so than anything else. The 18w really encourages you to dig in and grind. It does not make me want to become a virtuoso.

Thanks Trinity! Thanks to you I'm taking my sIII out of the house for some fresh air to Jam sometime this week.

Now I just need to get motivated into fixing my TC15, then work harder and earn some money for a triwatt, then buy some keys, ohh it never ends aaaa/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:05 pm 
Expert
Expert

So honest; so cool.

Trinity is the "bomb"
Yet to be discovered.

Glad to see you having, "fun", what it's all about.
Well, that and the music, (haha) it's all great!

Cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:11 pm 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

That's a great story. Really glad it got you out to jam. That can be a real blast. Have fun!