trinityamps.com

Trinity Amps Guitar Amp Forum
It is currently Tue Jul 16, 2024 7:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 5:00 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

Hi Everyone.
Just finishing up a trinity 18watt combo chassis and awaiting the arrival of one of Stephens combo cabs.
I see the four cage nuts on the chassis lip. Is this the main mounting for the cab? Amy body have experience with a Trinity 18 combo chassis/cab. Will I need any other hardware to complete the project?
Thanks all !
Stew

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm 
Expert
Expert

Those cage nuts are for removing the back panel. Makes servicing the innards of the amp very easy.

The chassis is mounted very firmly to the cab by four bolts. They attach in each corner I believe. Fours nuts near preamp ground, V1 and two near the PT.

That probably didn't make sense...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 6:00 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

Ahh yes!!! I see the 4 holes in the chassis. So does the cab come with 4 bolts imbedded in the wood or do you reach in and push a bolt into the chassis? Looks like I may have to move the solder stip out of the way.
Stew

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 7:42 pm 
Expert
Expert

I forget exactly, Stephen installed my chassis into the cab for me.

I am pretty sure the chassis is held on by bolts (ya now thinking they definitely are bolts). They must be held in there using T-nuts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 8:10 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

There are 4 square nuts that have clips, that snap into the square holes in the chassis. Then the 4 machine screws (bolts) screw through the rubber feet, through the cab and into the nuts/chassis to hold everything tight.

AJC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 9:26 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

ajcoholic wrote:
There are 4 square nuts that have clips, that snap into the square holes in the chassis. Then the 4 machine screws (bolts) screw through the rubber feet, through the cab and into the nuts/chassis to hold everything tight.

AJC

This is a combo Aj.
Stew

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:09 pm 
Friend
Friend

hey guys
my cabinet arrived last week (woo hoo! - looks awesome) Still waiting on a speaker though which sucks - its been back ordered for two months! In the mean time I'm thinking about how to mount the chassis and was wondering what you guys ended up doing? From other photos I'm assuming the cage nuts clip to the OUTSIDE of the chassis flange - correct?

I thought if I got those installed correctly I could use them to centre the chassis before drilling into the plywood brackets for the front screws? I could just mark the wood through the chassis holes with a pencil and drill. Did you end up using bolts? or would wood screws work just as well?

Anyway, any tips, photos etc. you could point me to would be a big help. I don't really want to mess it up at this stage.

cheers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:47 pm 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

Cage nuts clip to the inside of the chassis. The chassis is cnetered and bolted onto the two mounting boards on the inside. (drill 4 holes to suit once it's lined up)
The back panel is then bolted onto the cage nuts & them finally the back panel is screwed on the cabinet. Very tight and strong..

Hope that helps.