trinityamps.com

Trinity Amps Guitar Amp Forum
It is currently Tue Jul 16, 2024 7:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Question and options
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:50 pm 

Hi all,
I have a couple of questions about the 18w Plexi, I read a couple of threads and people talk about VRM, what is it? (Please be gentle, I'm not an electronic guru:P)

I'm wondering about the possible options on the plexi: is there a list of the possible options or I just order what I want (I'll order a prebuild don't worry, I won't destroy such a great amp like that)

I've read about boost switch, ohm out speaker knob and others, I'm just wondering if there's a complete lit of it with some explanations!

Is the master volume is for both channels or just for the dirt one? Is it possible to have two masters?
Thanks a lot!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:08 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

VRM is a Voltage Regulation Module, Trinity's form of a type of power scaling. It is VERY useful for getting the sound of the amp at lower volumes and an 18 watt can be loud :D

The boost switch is just what the name implies, boosts the signal through the (on my SIIIv6) TMB channel. Similar to a boost pedal in concept.

All of the kits and amps have a selectable speaker impedance knob so that you can, on the sIII variations, choose between 4, 8 and 16 ohm speaker cabinets.

I believe that the master volume works only on the TMB channel. (it's no longer called that on the latest documentation, the TMB Volume is actually pre-amp gain and the Master Volume is now just Volume. This descibes how the controls work with the amp topology).

The two channels can be jumpered on the sIII's and this adds flexibility to dialing in the tone you're looking for :wink:

The SIIIv6 that I built has the selectable speaker impedance knob (standard), the boost switch (optional) and the VRM (optional) all on it.

Hope this helps :P :P :P

Oh, and I never soldered ANYTHING (except copper water pipe) before building my first sIII and it worked :D :D :D :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:31 pm 

Thanks alot! Good infos!! :D

Do you think it's possible to have a footswitch jack to controle the channel switching and the boost circuit??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:01 am 
Experienced
Experienced

Here is info from the "Resource" section on switching the boost via a footswitch...
viewtopic.php?t=1093

Also, if you check in the Triwatt section there was a lengthy discussion on adding footswitching options to that amp which could be utilized in any amp :o

Good luck with the build and welcome :D

Joe G