trinityamps.com

Trinity Amps Guitar Amp Forum
It is currently Sun Jun 30, 2024 12:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:26 pm 
Novice
Novice

or triad...trinity sounds...familiar though...

1. the input resistors...i tried to save space and keep the body of the resistor away from pin 7, is it imperative that the resister be close to the pin, or is it ok a bit off of the pin? (is this the same for pin 2 as well?)...i did it b/c the way the tags sat, there was no clean way to place the resistors, and not be in the way...

2. in the dialogue for connection the TMB volume control, it talks about placing the grid stopper on a tag...but none of the pictures show this...is this something that CAN be done if its a problem, but not necessarily HAS to be done?

3. i didn't get enough shielded cable sent, but i have a boat load of co-ax in my house (old owners apparently had a tv in each room), can i just use a piece of that?

for the most part, i'm done...its just connecting the shielded cables (potentially replacing the input resistors, as well as the grid stopper), and then finishing the VRM...and then I'm into testing...and hopefully playing...

hope everyone had a good holiday!

thanks in advance!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:39 am 
Experienced
Experienced

1. look at this thread for picture of the input for pin 2 and 7 of v1 http://www.trinityamps.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3289

2. Which 18 did you build ? Old new layout ?

3. TV coax is gonna be a little large inside the amp (Don't no the electrical difference)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:53 pm 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

1. Grid resistors should be as close as possible - yet some amps dont (JTM45, Tweed). I like to

2. on TMB, you should have this strip if it's our kit, and it is very likely you'll need it to stop oscillation.

3. TV coax wont work well. If we shorted you on coax length, we can send more - if not, then use the coax from a audio cable. Some amps dont even use coax! You can try it that way too.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:09 pm 
Novice
Novice

Hey stephen

1. Ill try to re-arrange the resisters and shorten them, but if some amps dont, then i wont worry about it just yet

2. I have the plexi kit and i dont have another tag...unless this portion is for the TMB kit...

3. Since the rest is sheilded, and ill be going over the board, ill try to track down some sheilded cable first

Let me know if ive mis-understood anything

Thx!