trinityamps.com

Trinity Amps Guitar Amp Forum
It is currently Sun Jun 30, 2024 12:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:23 pm 

Hey guys,
first time poster here, but I have been using this forum for quite some time. Some great info, thanks to all!!
I finished my trinity 18watt plexi, and love it, but like everyone else, feel the need to tweek. I was wondering about the main differences on the normal channel of the plexi vs. the plexi 2. I have been checking out alot of the threads, and see that uniminds one change of C16 from a 200uf cap to a 3.3uf seems to be the main difference, but is this change strictly to tighten up the bass, or does it add gain for this channel? I am going to do alot of the brown mods to my amp, but was wondering if this was a really important part of the recipe, and could I go with some different values in between 220uf and 3.3uf? I am also wondering where he came up with the 3.3uf cap value, as that seems to be an odd value that is not real easy to find? Thanks to all in advance, and thanks for having such a great forum. :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:07 pm 
Expert
Expert

Tightens up the sound, no change in gain.

It's important for the Normal channel sound to be tight when the gain is cranked or you're cascading channels.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:48 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

What kurtlives said. You can put any value you like between .68 and 330. The higher the value the more bass you will get. If you want it to be like the big Plexi Bass channel then go with something like 220 or 330. I think that is way too much bass though. If you are going to cascade the channels then you will want to go with 25 or lower. I only used 3.3 because my local store was out of 1uf and at the time 3.3 was the lowest value they had ;)

http://www.soundclick.com/unimind

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:32 pm 

Gotcha ;) . Yeah I have been having a hard time finding a 3.3. Thanks guys for the info, informative as always!!