trinityamps.com

Trinity Amps Guitar Amp Forum
It is currently Tue Jun 25, 2024 11:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:46 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

yeah pics vots and clips to come... right now i am having too much fun playing to spend time on the internet lol. :)

Build time: 6 Days

Not too bad for a noob i think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:51 pm 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

Let the fun begin. Yes, 6 days elapsed is darn good for a noob. And no problems starting it up?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:09 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

Teaser!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:10 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

coco wrote:
Let the fun begin. Yes, 6 days elapsed is darn good for a noob. And no problems starting it up?

I forgot to complete the ground on the cliff jacks... makes a nasty squeal lol... other then that, easy as pie; voltages are a bit low all around, im hoping that using the proper resistors once i get them will help that

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:16 pm 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

Grounding is not necessary but may help as will reversing the OT leads to the output tubes. Normally, per my layout, brown and blue work as drawn.

Is that your name on the chassis that I see ? 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:58 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

hmm well i had it halfway grounded i guess so i was picking up all the chassis hum; since i completed the loop it's been working fine.

I'm actually surprised at how quiet this amp is.. with everyone talking about hum and squeals and such, i expected it to be a niosy beast, but its just as quiet as my brand new fender hot rod... cheers to your excellent layout and high quality parts!

Edit - Yes thats my name 8)... Looks sweet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:21 pm 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

Revv23 wrote:
I'm actually surprised at how quiet this amp is.. with everyone talking about hum and squeals and such, i expected it to be a niosy beast, but its just as quiet as my brand new fender hot rod

Thanks. I'm not surprised. A lot of time and effort went into that layout and it works pretty well every time when it's followed. You've obviously done a good job.

Now, let's talk about getting you into the VOXy sounding TC-15 so you can cover all the bases!!! 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:01 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

haha i cant even afford speakers for this guy much less another amp... im playing it out of my deville right now lol.

soon though... maybe a good christmas treat along with some tone tubby's and a cab :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:48 pm 
Novice
Novice

Yaaaaaaargh!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: So jealous!

Just finishing up a Gilmore Jr. 1/2 watt.

Trinity sIII and head cab are next on my list - maybe two weeks from now.

Stephen, any estimate on when the Deluxe kit will be available for order? If I time this right I can add three amps to my collection* in relatively short order.

*The other two being a Traynor YVC50 with extension cab and Eurotube refit and a new Fender Champ 600 with new JJs and a Jensen Mod series six-inch speaker. No more flatulence! And nice tone to boot!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:10 am 
Novice
Novice

D'oh. I got the answer from the Deluxe forum. As my father always used to say, "Look with your eyes, and not with your mouth."

:roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:02 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

muhahhaha

just goit done with a 2 hour long jam...

i liked it from the start but i was kind of leaning towards my hot-rod as being the better sounding amp... lower quality, i just thought it was a little bit more to my style...

boy was i wrong.

i thought that because this amp only had a few knobs it was only good for a few situations... i'll tell you, i can get more cool sounds of of this little rock box then i can out of the 100+ models ive used on both my pc and amps....

i found the sweet spots in each channel... there are clean ones and dirty ones... then i jumpered for the first time, and jesus... you can play metal on this thing if you want too.... tone it down a bit with the channels jumpered and you have some sweet blues lead tones... sounds just amazing on my strat... i wont have my mic up here for another two weeks but ound clips are coming...

P.S. - i got the replacement resistors from stephen the other day - but ive been too busy jamming to switch them out... i can't imagine this thing sounding better then it already does so i'm pretty pumped.

probably the only time i'll fire up the hot rod again is for a friend or if i just need to be obscenly loud... (60W) hopefully i'll be able to get some speakers soon so i can just sell the hot rod... it's acting as my cab currently.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:06 am 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

Well, I have to say, for a Noob, sounds like you acheived maximum lift-off!!! I really like the complex sounds of the jump option.

Congratulations! We'd really appreciate posting your clips up when you get a chance.

Enjoy! 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:42 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

finnaly got some clips up... :)

http://trinityamps.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=1056