trinityamps.com

Trinity Amps Guitar Amp Forum
It is currently Tue Jul 16, 2024 5:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:47 pm 

First off, my apologies for not posting or providing clips of late but I can assure you my Trinity has been busy this year doing at least 80 gigs and going strong. Up until the past week it has been nothing short of awesome and I have never in 20 years had so many compliments on my tone and playing.
I have also had no desire to get another amp which in itself is amazing since I am usually always searching.

But...the last two or three gigs the amp seemed to get noisier (more than the usual strat hum) and on Friday night seemed to lose power dramatically almost cutting out a few times. Luckily I had a back up amp but I obviously need a little work done or maintenance since it is giving me signs of a problem developing. I admit I am pretty bad about staying on top of regular servicing but now I am just wondering what should I start with , fresh tubes?
I'm hoping that is all it would be and then I can use it this weekend/
Do you think I should swap all the tubes together?

thanks

P.S. I wil be posting some live clips of the amp in action as soon as my buddy gets back from Cuba and provides his recordings to me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:59 pm 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

Start with the preamp tubes, one at a time. If one makes a differance, leave it in, and move to the next . Dont need to replace tubes that are good. If they are all fine, then the EL84s if you have a second set.