trinityamps.com

Trinity Amps Guitar Amp Forum
It is currently Tue Jul 16, 2024 7:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: First gig.
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:57 am 
Experienced
Experienced

Last night I had my new 18watt (plexi) out for her first gig.
Wow! I've been listening to myself all my life :roll: but last night I gave myself goose bumps! My old amp (DSL 401) is going on Craigs list right now! Thanks again Stephen!!
Stew

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:54 pm 
Friend
Friend

I know just what you mean. Mine is going on her maiden voyage Tuesday, it should raise a few eyebrows. I was playing it hard this morning, while the wife went for a bike ride. I'm amazed! Now I'm hooked, I want to build another one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:27 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

I hear ya' man! Last night I didn't use my pedals once! My guitars' volume knob is my new best friend!
Stew

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:56 pm 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

Good luck on that gig!! Report back on how it went!

Way to go Stoo!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:18 am 
Friend
Friend

Congrats man. Doesn't it feel great to finally have THE amp in your collection. One you'll never have to worry about when its time to replace or part with. I know I am keeping mine. ANd it costs you practically nothing!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:59 am 
Friend
Friend

All I can say is... WOW! The maiden voyage of the 6V6 TMB was stellar.
Stoo nailed it. All you need is your volume knob on the guitar. I showed up at my buddy's Tuesday night Jam, with one guitar, one cord, and one little homebuilt tweed covered amp. No body expected much... That is, untill I started to play. Now, I'm not the best player, by any stretch of the imagination, but I owned the tone. All night. My little amp had to share space with a Dr. Z m@z 38, Something called a Redplate, and a Carvin Bel Aire. It wasn't even close! I had no reverb, I had no delay, I had no wah wah. But my amp sounded great. Volume around 8, gain around 4, bass 5, mid 7, treble 6. Never touched the amp. Everything was controlled from the vol. knob on the guitar, and it was plenty loud. The guy with the Redplate wasn't too happy, even with his 2 1/2 acre pedal board, maybe he paid too much for his 15 watt boutique amp. Not my problem... I also got a chance to listen to another buddy play my guitar thru my amp. Incredible, dynamic, tight...
The Dr. Z had a lot more volume, but the tone seemed compromised and thin, compared to the complexity of the Trinity. Each break brought a new question and answer session about this little tone monster. I needed this amp 20 years ago. Thanks again Stephen, for such a great product. I'm trying to sell a few for you.
Dave

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:36 am 
Expert
Expert

That's a story often repeated. :D I actually use a passive volume (swell) pedal on the floor to control the guitar volume into the amp while I'm playing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:55 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

I'm a volume knob rider ever since i got my 18...

never on my other amps always ran max on the guitar and usually boosted with my pedals. Now i really hear my guitar more than anything, and maybe i use a delay and a wah sometimes. Wouldn't mind a big muff type of sound but i think after that I'm all set.