trinityamps.com

Trinity Amps Guitar Amp Forum
It is currently Tue Jul 16, 2024 9:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:24 pm 
Friend
Friend

Thanks to the folks who answered my questions while I built out my Trinity sIII. I finished it tonight and just ran through about an hour of playing - low volume for now.

I think I'm going to like it. It did exactly what it should so far. Nothing unexpected. It's quiet. The tone controls are effective and the clean boost works nice (loud click when switching it though). Sounds great at low volume with my OD pedals too. Speaker sounds super stiff so I suspect it will improve quite a bit just as that breaks in.

Here are my voltages. Some/most seem low compared to the voltage chart in the instructions so I wanted to double check and get some input on them. It may have been my bad technique in measuring. I notice my B+ is lower than the reference in the doc.

B+ with all tubes in 325 (measured off the cap can where the board connects - might be wrong spot to take that????). tubes are JJ's with a EH 6CA4 rectifier

V1
Pin 1 139
Pin3 1.7
Pin 6 133

V2
Pin 1 148
Pin 3 1.7
Pin 6 255
Pin 8 148

V3
Pin 1 200
Pin 2 51.7
Pin 3 74.7
Pin 6 202
Pin 7 53
Pin 8 75

V4
Pin 3 12
Pin 7 336
Pin 9 323

V5
Pin 3 12
Pin 7 333
Pin 9 323

V6
Pin 1 287
Pin 3 345
Pin 7 287

Post subject: One follow up
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:26 am 
Friend
Friend

Had to play hookey from work this morning to hit it while the family was gone. Hope my neighbor wasn't trying to sleep late. :twisted:

I just ran it at volume for the last 30 minutes. WOW. Thick, rich, throaty LOUD sounding - CRAAAANNNGGG, still pretty quiet - in between positions on my strat were almost dead quiet with the amp up on 8+. Only played my strat but I can imagine this will sound killer with my P90 SG and my Tele too. My blues licks sounded more authentic to me if that makes any sense. :?:

Cabinet rattles like and old car but I'll work on that. Might have also been some of the nick nacks in the room (10x12 office)

I'll work on some clips when I have more time. Gotta go to work now.

I have so say so far I like it quite a bit more than my 5E3 but it's early so I'm not drawing any conclusions.

Any input on those voltages would be much appreciated. I realized I did measure the B+ in the wrong spot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:28 pm 
Expert
Expert

You're gonna LOVE it with a P90 SG. Mine is frikkin sweet thorugh my sIII. Blues & Brit invasion oll over the normal channel. It will jangle or snarl as required. Dirty blues is just fantastic. The sIII is my hands down favorite for that.

And then there's the TMB channel... :)