trinityamps.com

Trinity Amps Guitar Amp Forum
It is currently Tue Jul 16, 2024 11:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:37 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

The past few days I have been playing my 18 (sIII with Plexi mods) I built back in 2006. It is my first build, and for some reason one of my least played amps.

But every 6 months or so, I get the urge to play it, and then remember how amazing it sounds (and so very different than the 15, and Tri, and all my other amps.)

I put in some NOS German made EL84's, and a mix of three different 12AX7's... it sounds GREAT!

Playing with some new pedals, I am really loving it. I think its time to take it to a gig (in a few weeks) again...

And I am jonsing to build a Marshall 1974x combo replica... in 2010 perhaps? AFter my JTM45 that is :)

AJC

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:18 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

ajcoholic wrote:
The past few days I have been playing my 18 (sIII with Plexi mods) I built back in 2006. It is my first build, and for some reason one of my least played amps.

But every 6 months or so, I get the urge to play it, and then remember how amazing it sounds (and so very different than the 15, and Tri, and all my other amps.)

I put in some NOS German made EL84's, and a mix of three different 12AX7's... it sounds GREAT!

Playing with some new pedals, I am really loving it. I think its time to take it to a gig (in a few weeks) again...

And I am jonsing to build a Marshall 1974x combo replica... in 2010 perhaps? AFter my JTM45 that is :)

AJC

Word

Stew

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:32 pm 
Expert
Expert

I hear ya. I've been playing through my sIII almost exclusively the last few weeks. I don't use it for a while then plug in out of the blue and I'm hooked again. It seems the only thing that pulls me away briefly is a new toy...but I always seem to go back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:16 am 
Experienced
Experienced

2:20 am.. just got home from a bar gig. Took the 18 sIII again this weekend.

I got to sit down and listen to my rig - we let another guitarist come up and play a few songs just before closing... my new red PRS style singlecut through the 18 both clean, and with the OCD V3.

Wow, it sounds awesome. Even better than standing in front of the bomb cabinet. :)

The 18 seems to take pedals better IMO as it ages or something... or my tastes are changing.

Yup, 18 watter aint too shabby ;)

AJC