trinityamps.com

Trinity Amps Guitar Amp Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: plexi vs s111
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:14 pm 
Friend
Friend

what the differance in tone, i love my 18 plexi by far the best sounding 18 ive built was thinking about the next build trying s111 i havent side by side viewed the amps layouts. altought the 18 plexi is somewhat dark i love it and it gets the most playing time its got a great chruch its very inspiring, with great controlled feedback overtones, just looking for some input thanks mark

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:01 am 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

The sIII is a little cleaner and not quite as agresive. Subtle. You want chnage - go to the TMB or cascade the Normal into the TMB channel.

The sIII is a medium gain amp and is voiced to do the early plexi/JTM45 sound very nicely. The range of tone is from spanky clean to Marshall grind. You can get a great Clapton Bluesbreaker sound and Hendrix as well. This amp can handle Blues-Rock, Country & Reggae. The Second channel (Normal Channel) is same configuration as the Tremolo channel from the original 18 watt design but without Tremolo.

The Plexi is voiced to sound period correct for a Marshall Plexi Lead. Screaming guitar lead tones at a much lower volume. The amp can thump and grind with less compressed tone than the other 18 watt variants. The Second Channel (Normal Channel) provides way more overdrive than most 18 watt normal channels while the Plexi channel is capable of the best clean sound we have ever heard come out of an 18 watter. With a pair of greenbacks, you'll be shocked how period correct it sounds. Crank up the gain and you are in crunch tone heaven. The clean boost just adds another dimension, it nails all those old AC-DC tones dead on and has way more gain on tap if needed.

The TMB amp is a high gain amp that does the 80s sound very nicely. It is intended for musicians who want plenty of grind. It does ZZTop very nicely. It is both responsive and aggressive. The second channel is the Normal channel from the original 18 watt design. This amp does classic rock crunch to metal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:41 am 
Friend
Friend

thank you, thats a perfect descrition i do like the boost its a very nice touch its my fav 18 watt desigh by far do you sell faceplates for this amp? id be interested, i built this amp using some old transformer i had laying around, and cheap caps but am planning a new build with better iron and sozos faceplates, like i said im addicted to this amp since i built it ive played that amp way more than the other and i really dig it :D :D mark

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:32 pm 
Expert
Expert

mark enger wrote:
thank you, thats a perfect descrition i do like the boost its a very nice touch its my fav 18 watt desigh by far do you sell faceplates for this amp?

Mark are you talking about a Trinity Plexi or a Richard Johnson (rjgtr) 18W Plexi? Those are two quite different amps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:27 pm 
Friend
Friend

Im talking about the trinity 18 watt plexi, its my current fav, ive done rj also and enjoyed it also, but the trinity really shinned for me, i used the musicalpowers output and a old old pt and the thing just rips im gonna do anouther using 18 watt iron and sozos or mustards with faceplates and put it in a cab any idea where to score faceplates trinity doesnt list them? mark

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:01 pm 
Expert
Expert

Just ping Stephen @ Trinity for faceplates. Although they're not on the price list, he might have a spare set around he could sell you.

Post subject: Re: plexi vs s111
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:04 am 

I also learned quite a few interesting things after the above discussion. Good topic.
drift boss

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2022 6:44 am 

mark enger wrote:
what the differance in tone, I love my 18 plexi by a long shot the best sounding 18 ive constructed was pondering the following form attempting s111 I havent next to each other saw the amps designs. You might puzzle over whether low valuing antagonistically influences the quality of the paper conveyed. Be guaranteed that the writers of the answer for accounting question organization convey high-quality papers that are agreeable for whichever level independent of the cutoff time. You ought to likewise recognize that the organization has no capacity to bear counterfeiting.

I have test Post PI MV but it did not work too good but possibly I should have tried to tune feedback circuit? Anyhow I decided to skip PPIMV before I study it more whicn there are many in internet..

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 5:32 am 
Friend
Friend

The main difference in tone between the two amps could be related to slither io their circuit design, components used, and even the speaker. The 18 Plexi is known for its classic rock tone, with a slight midrange boost and a bright high-end. On the other hand, the S111 may have a more modern tone, with a flatter frequency response and a tighter low-end.

Last edited by lucidam on Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:53 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2023 5:10 am 
Friend
Friend

My experience with testing Post PI MV has not been encouraging; perhaps I should have experimented with adjusting the feedback circuit. Despite the abundance of resources on the internet, I've decided to forego PPIMV. geometry dash

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2023 4:55 am 

The 18 Plexi that you currently have is described as having a somewhat dark tone, but you find it inspiring with great controlled feedback shell shockers overtones. This indicates that you appreciate the character and characteristics of that particular amplifier.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2023 9:41 pm 

The speaker expresses their affection for the 18 Plexi guitar amplifier, which they personally built and consider the best among their creations. They admire its warm and rich vintage Marshall tone, describing it as somewhat dark but full of inspiration. The amp delivers excellent church (crunch) and controlled feedback overtones, enhancing the overall playing experience. Check it here https://www.emulatorpc.com/fate-grand-order-english/.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2023 9:42 pm 

While content with the 18 Plexi's sound, they remain curious about the S111 amp and its potential differences in tone and layout. Seeking input from others, they contemplate the idea of exploring new possibilities with the S111 for their next build. The message showcases a passion for guitar amplifiers and the pursuit of discovering diverse and inspiring tones.

Download Melon Playground For PC - EmulatorPC.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:57 am 
Friend
Friend

The speaker shows how much they love the 18 Plexi guitar amplifier, which they personally created and think is the best thing they have ever made. They praise its deep, warm, classic Marshall tone, calling it "somewhat dark but bursting with inspiration." The amp improves the overall playing experience by producing superb controlled feedback overtones and church (crunch) tones.
spend elon musk money