trinityamps.com

Trinity Amps Guitar Amp Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: sIII to TMB
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:16 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

After reading and listening to the Brown sound mods, I got the urge to tweak again! I was wondering if it was possible to change my sIII a bit . I like the normal channel of my sIII but thought it might be cool to change just the TMB channel to TMB specs, to kind of max out the potential gain available. Is this possible?

Post subject: Re: sIII to TMB
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:44 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

Should be no problem. I would start with your sIII schematic viewtopic.php?f=12&t=689 . Look at the notes at the bottom for "To increase gain on TMB channel". I would do mod 1 and mod 4.

Do you have the boost switch? If so then add the cap C21 to R34 so it is on the boost. That way you can switch between the sIII type gain to the TMB type gain. If you do not have the boost switch then just do mod 4.

http://www.soundclick.com/unimind

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:25 pm 
Expert
Expert

G-log wrote:
After reading and listening to the Brown sound mods, I got the urge to tweak again! I was wondering if it was possible to change my sIII a bit . I like the normal channel of my sIII but thought it might be cool to change just the TMB channel to TMB specs, to kind of max out the potential gain available. Is this possible?

It's pretty easy to mod any of the Trinity 18W amp versions to any other version. However, if you want some fun with gain, why don't you try Unimind's Brown Plexi mods?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:59 am 
Experienced
Experienced

Ok, thanks guys. I think I will try the brown mods . I have done the boost switch already. My main concern,I guess ,was that I didn't want to change my normal channel as I really like it the way it is.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:26 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

You can do the brown mods for the TMB channel only and just leave your normal channel as is. The 220Ks on the power tube grid reference might lower gian slightly and increase clean headroom which will affect both channels (although I could not really tell the difference). If you don't want that then just leave that mod out as I only did that for fixed biasing.

Edit: And I also really liked the normal channel. I just made those mods to tighten the bass a little for when I am cascading the channels.

http://www.soundclick.com/unimind

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:30 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

That is what I am hoping for. I use this amp with a Radial A/B /Y switcher so I can have effects on the normal channel and straight up rock mode on the TMB channel.Going out to get the parts I need today! Thanks again Les!