trinityamps.com

Trinity Amps Guitar Amp Forum
It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 4:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:03 pm 
Friend
Friend

Oh my god!! I don't even know where to start!! I think I'll sleep on it and then look at it again tomorrow. Please have patience with me and get ready for allot of really stupid questions.
Rich[img]
[/img]Image

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:25 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

First step - Read the manual
2nd step - Reread the manual
3rd step - Go for it and have fun and work slowly! :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:45 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

I feel you!

I opened up my sIII v6 kit MONTHS ago and read the manual. I then followed the instructions and did all the heater wires to each socket from the terminal. Ran out of time and haven't done squat until today ... but I hit a stopping point with questions.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:14 pm 
Friend
Friend

Ok. I've read the manual and I will read it a couple more times before I plug in my soldering iron. The first thing I am going to do is dig out my binoculars so I can read the writing on all of those tiny little parts. Then I will attempt to check to make sure I have all of the parts.
Rich

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:36 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

I found a sort of solution to that problem from all my struggles reading the tiny print on components that go into stompboxes. Seems I needed BOTH better light AND magnification. I had tried a magnifying glass and a flashlight, but that was too cumbersome.

I was at a drug store a few months back waiting for a prescription and I noticed the reading glasses. Hmmm! Hands-free magnification! Yes! When I poked around the display, I noticed one pair that actually came with little LEDs at the corners of the frames! Bingo, double whammy! Hands-free light AND magnification.

The things work perfectly for what I need them to do. IIRC, they're something like 1.5x, so not really that much. Just enough to make a difference. They do go through the little watch batteries quickly, but I realized that I only really need one of the lights on at a time - effectively doubling the battery life. So far, so good. :D

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:45 am 
Friend
Friend

Well I finally got over my fear and dove into the build. It's almost done. I am going away for a week to the cottage. So when I get back I'll finish it up and post some pictures. I would appreciate it if some of you experts could check it over for me. This is my first build and I know nothing about this kind of electrical wiring. I am going to need a lot of help when it comes to firing it up. But I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. I wish you all a great week and I'll chime in w.hen I get back home.
Rich

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:32 pm 
Friend
Friend

Heck of a first picture, lol..I'm gearing up to start mine in the coming weeks.