trinityamps.com

Trinity Amps Guitar Amp Forum
It is currently Sun Jun 30, 2024 12:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:05 am 
Friend
Friend

Hi,

I'm new to the forum and Trinity Amps. Can someone explain or point me to all the different variations. There are a lot of acronyms floating around that I dont' understand. Plexi. TMB (treble, mid, bass?) sIII, v6, brown, etc. What does all this mean?

Ultimately I might be in the market for a kit sometime in the next 6 months. The 18 W seems about right. But the pricing is confusing. As I see it, the kit is $380 + $30 shipping, plus about $80 in tubes and $150 in transformers... and then about $250-300 for a cab. That's about $900+ or so. Did I do all that right?

Thanks.
Ryan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:58 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

rschultz wrote:
I'm new to the forum and Trinity Amps. Can someone explain or point me to all the different variations. There are a lot of acronyms floating around that I dont' understand. Plexi. TMB (treble, mid, bass?) sIII, v6, brown, etc. What does all this mean?

Hi, and welcome to the forum. Take a look at this thread viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2026&p=18482, it should help explain things. The "Brown" version is just the Plexi with a few component value changes to try and dial in that certain sound.
rschultz wrote:
Ultimately I might be in the market for a kit sometime in the next 6 months. The 18 W seems about right. But the pricing is confusing. As I see it, the kit is $380 + $30 shipping, plus about $80 in tubes and $150 in transformers... and then about $250-300 for a cab. That's about $900+ or so. Did I do all that right?
That seems about right. This thread covers the 18 watt kit and prices viewtopic.php?t=950 .

Welcome again to the forum.

http://www.soundclick.com/unimind