trinityamps.com

Trinity Amps Guitar Amp Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:12 am 
Friend
Friend

I've been thinking of building an angled 2x12 cab similar to the one for the Marshall 2061x for a while. And after almost a year of playing my 18W through my epiphone bass amp used as a cabinet I decided it was time to step up and get a decent sounding cabinet. Still debating if I was going to build it or not I came across the Voltage Cabinets website and when I saw the price of their S212D cab my mind was pretty much set!

Having heard mostly great reviews for WGS speakers I thought I'd give them a try (so far I am not disappointed with my purchase). I had picked an ET65 paired with an Invader 50 (which is WGS's newest speaker based on a greenback) for my cabinet, but the invader was backordered. not wanting to delay the delivery of my cab the guys at Steamco Music offered to ship it with another speaker of my liking that I could return when they would ship my Invader 50. I received my cabinet this week and I love it! It's got a nice full and tight bottom end, sparkling highs that don't get "ice-picky" at all.

I'm finally going to keep the WGS Reaper that's in my cabinet for my future Trinity Deluxe build and order the Invader 50 along with some tweed cloth and other supplies!

Stephen you should be getting an e-mail from me real soon! The smaller head & cab format is great but I'd like a combo I can throw in the backseat of my car. something I can gig with and use at home (I'l probably need to use effects to get a bit of drive at home levels... and/or get the VRM module)

Sorry for the long post! What I basically wanted to say is thank you Stephen for providing kits and excellent support for these great amplifiers and also a big thumbs up to Kevin and the guys from SteamCo Music/Voltage Cabinets in Winnipeg!

my Epiphone G-400 upgraded with Lollar pups, 18W Plexi with Voltage S212D cab (w/ WGS ET65 & Reaper)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:30 pm 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

Nice looking gear. Congrats on the build!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2023 2:47 am 

{ROn1N} wrote:
I've been thinking of building an angled 2x12 cab similar to the one for the Marshall 2061x for a while. And after almost a year of playing my 18W through my epiphone bass amp used as a cabinet I decided it was time to step up and get a decent sounding cabinet. Still debating if I was going to build it or not I came across the Voltage Cabinets website and when I saw the price of their S212D cab my mind was pretty much set!

Having heard mostly great reviews for WGS speakers I thought I'd give them a try (so far I am not disappointed with my purchase). I had picked an ET65 paired with an Invader 50 (which is WGS's newest speaker based on a greenback) for my cabinet, but the invader was backordered. not wanting to delay the delivery of my cab the guys at Steamco Music offered to ship it with another speaker of my liking that I could return when they would ship my Invader 50. I received my cabinet this week and I love it! It's got a nice full and tight bottom end, sparkling highs that don't get "ice-picky" at all.

I'm finally going to keep the WGS Reaper that's in my cabinet for my future Trinity Deluxe build and order the Invader 50 along with some tweed cloth and other supplies!

Stephen you should be getting an e-mail from me real soon! The smaller head & cab format is great but I'd like a combo I can throw in the backseat of my car. something I can gig with and use at home (I'l probably need to use effects to get a bit of drive at home levels... and/or get the VRM module)

Sorry for the long post! What I basically wanted to say is thank you Stephen for providing kits and excellent support for these great amplifiers and also a big thumbs up to Kevin and the guys from SteamCo Music/Voltage Cabinets in Winnipeg!

my Epiphone G-400 upgraded with Lollar pups, 18W Plexi with Voltage S212D cab (w/ WGS ET65 & Reaper)

The solution was to move one jumper that was causing an error in the wiring of an angled 2x12 cab that the person had built. After making the change, the cab was working properly and sounded great. The cab was then put into a cabinet and taken to a gig for a trial-by-fire, along with a spare head just in case. The person was confident in the quality of their solder joints and was pleased with the outcome of their work.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2023 12:38 am 

That's so great
word games