trinityamps.com

Trinity Amps Guitar Amp Forum
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Channel 1 on 18W sIII
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:06 am 

Hey guys, I am looking into buying the the Trinity 18 watt sIII however I don't fully understand what Stephen means when he says "same design as the original Marshall 18 Watt Tremolo channel"? From my understanding channel two (TMB) is more of a cleaner marshall tone (JTM45). However, what would channel one sound like? Would it be more gainy? Sound like a Plexi? a 1974x? If someone could outline what each channel sounds like and could maybe compare it to the original marshalls so I could check out sound clips? Thanks

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 11:29 am 
Experienced
Experienced

Think what he means to say is that it sounds like the original 1974 tremo channel without the tremo

I can only comment than the plexi version / with mods to plexi 2.

plexi mk1 tmb is a middle of the road plexi sound has good gain a nominal amount of fatness dials back to nice clean
plexi mk1 normal would be jtm 45 big fat but still has some extra brightness available

plexi mk 2 tmb looses some fatness has a gainer mid/ treble drive and still dials back to a nice clean
plexi mk 2 normal . moves away from the 45 era and (looses fatness) becomes more of plexi mk1 tmb (classic rockiness) but still tone knob back enough to 45ish

To me marshall is the tone. I don't think there miles apart from each other just different flavours

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 8:30 pm 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

Channel 1 is a Tone Volume channel that is exactly the same as the original 18 watt with the Trem removed. It is the 18 watt tone.

You can listen here!

http://youtu.be/ZOKQgf6SXT4

http://youtu.be/HGavPsLlslE

http://youtu.be/w0DQUGJC-fE

http://youtu.be/6H5F0Ko0pZc

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:28 am 
Friend
Friend

When Stephen mentions that Channel One has the "same design as the original Marshall 18 Watt Tremolo channel," he's likely referring to the early Marshall 18 Watt amplifiers, which had a simple circuit with volume, treble, and bass controls. The exact tonal characteristics can vary based on components and voicing choices, but generally, the Tremolo channel on the original Marshall 18 Watt amps had a unique blend of characteristics.
Rainbow Friends

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2023 9:44 pm 

Channel one of the Trinity 18 Watt sIII typically aims to capture the classic "Plexi" sound associated with Marshall amplifiers while channel two build now gg is often associated with a cleaner and more versatile tone, similar to the JTM45.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2023 11:24 pm 

To understand what Stephen means when he says the "same design as the original Marshall 18 Watt Tremolo channel," it's important to have some io games background information

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2023 1:01 pm 

It seems like the 1974 tremolo channel without the tremolo. When comparing, the plexi mk1 TMB offers a balanced plexi sound with good gain and clean options. The plexi mk1 normal leans towards a big, fat tone with extra brightness. The plexi mk2 TMB loses some fatness but gains mid/treble drive. The plexi mk2 normal moves away from the JTM 45 era, becoming similar to the classic rockiness of the plexi mk1 TMB. Marshall amps provide a variety of flavors, but they're all part of the iconic Marshall tone. Thesemodels offer slightly different nuances, providing options to suit various preferences.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2023 3:41 am 

I'm considering purchasing the Trinity 18-watt sIII, but I'm unsure about Stephen's reference to the "same design as the original Marshall 18 Watt Tremolo channel." My understanding is that channel two (TMB) leans towards a cleaner Marshall tone resembling the JTM45. However, I'm curious about the sound of channel one. Is it more gainy, similar to a Plexi or a 1974x? I'd appreciate if someone could provide insights into the distinctive sounds of each channel and perhaps compare them to the original Marshall models, allowing me to explore sound clips. You can also visit this amazing gaming link https://modlonely.com/ship-simulator-mod-apk/