trinityamps.com

Trinity Amps Guitar Amp Forum
It is currently Wed Jul 17, 2024 3:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: trinity 15 and TC15
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:30 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

OK, so you guys know how I feel about this amp... the original 15 I have had for over a year now and my TC15 I have been playing religiously for near two weeks now.

Amazing! The tones coming out of this thing are hard to describe without sounding crazy. Super clean, clear and chimy - and now that I have had time to fool with the EF86 channel I am near speachless. When I push my overdrives (tonebone plexitube and TS808) through the channel 1, it is the fullest, richest, creamiest overdrive you have EVER heard. I am currently playing/practicing (for an upcoming bar gig) in my home through both my 16 ohm 4x12 (C V30's) and 16 ohn 2x12 (TT alnico and ceramic) hooked in parallel. The sound is amazing!!!

I bet if you could get guitar players to try one of these for an hour, you could sell millions...

My friend Danny, the guy I just completed his TC15 for and delivered it yesterday to, called me today and asked me if I wanted to buy his "baby", his Orange Rockerverb 50 head. I laughed - know exaclty what he meant as my Orange went up for sale (as well as my Fender DRRI) after I discovered the 15.

I may sound a little crazy, but it is that good.

Now I must get back to one Ibanez AR300, my TC15 and some ROCK and ROLL!!! :)

AJC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:42 am 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

Great feedback. A pedal in front of the EF86 - that could be pretty wicked.

Are you more on Crunch or Munch?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:02 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

I might have to go out and buy a pedal! Maybe! I still contend I can get the metal sound with the right guitar and the TC-15. Once I get mine completed (In cabinet with TT Ceramic) I'll have to put up a clip of some Metallica or Slayer.... :P

JP

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:13 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

jhpatton wrote:
I might have to go out and buy a pedal! Maybe! I still contend I can get the metal sound with the right guitar and the TC-15. Once I get mine completed (In cabinet with TT Ceramic) I'll have to put up a clip of some Metallica or Slayer.... :P

JP

JP,
Not going to dissagree with you or argue on the tones you can get (even though I prefer some more bite with certain stuff myself) - but the real issue is, that when I am gigging the amp I need to have every tone from sparkly clean to slightly overdriven to a good rock tone, to a full fledged hard rock/metal edge.

Its not going to work to start fiddling with the volumes in between songs, right? Hence the stompboxes.

Stephen, yes, the tubescreamer or the plexi through channel 1 (ef86) sounds VERY rich and full. Its a bit odd, as the same signal (not changing anything on the pedals or guitar) through the clean setting of channel 2 is more bright and "harsh" almost compared to the ef86 side.

This amp is so simple - yet has so much to offer in terms of tone capabilities even on its own. WIth a few good pedals you can do ANYTHING. :)

AJC