trinityamps.com

Trinity Amps Guitar Amp Forum
It is currently Tue Jul 16, 2024 10:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:22 pm 
Expert
Expert

Hmm :D :D :D
I own a Ampeg R15R. Yes the rare one. In mint condition. So, if you need a model. I've got it. I guess this is called the Superevberb. Wait let me look at the tag.
LOL I have most of my amps well, everywhere, but my baby's are secluded :shock: :D :D
Yes, it's a Supereverb! Supposibly the best reverb ever made (well, they say the R12R, but it's the same animal, lol). So anyway, coco, I own one. Just have to get a camera. When they robbed me, they of course, stole my camera. I have no way to replace it at this time. I have a nice 35mm though, if that will work.
So you know, I'm much better at taking 35mm then the new digital :lol: :lol:.
I just couldn't get the hang of the new ones yet :lol:

this amp is, if I remember , about 35 watts.

On to the low watt. Talking with jcny last night. How about a 5 tube little amp. 1 84, 1 12ax7; 1 rec; 1 reverb and 1 tremolo. Push about 6 watts. have tremolo and reverb. :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :D
Now, I had 1 years ago that did this. The amp was perfect. I would turn it up to 10 (11, yes) and be in my bedroom. No one would complain. Now there's a practice amp that nobody's complaining about. That's a inexpensive kit for the bedroom guitarist. I have found that I love the sound of the 5 tube amps, even if I never used the tremolo. It was so beautiful. Sorry all, my 2 cents, lol
Think about it An sIII with those specs. That would encompass everyone's demands. Even within this thread. :D :D Excluding the high power demands :D :D

Alright, my dissertation's over (yea :D :D :lol: )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:54 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

The reverb does sound interesting :roll: (pun intended)

Is the concept transformer driven or cap driven?

Just trying to figure where the components would go and still fit into a standard chassis :?

But they must fit since Stephens been 'sperimentin again :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:23 pm 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

Reverb is transformer driven and would require 1 extra 12ax7 and loose the normal channel if you want controls on the front. Gets messy otherwise.

I have been talking about this for a long time. We'll just have to see how it goes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:40 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

Well, it certainly sounds interesting :D

If you think it sounds good, then it must be REAL good!!

Would it sound the same packaged as a free standing unit?

It would be nice to have a 'verb (or 'verb and trem :D ) that I could put in front of my SIIIv6 (and TC when I get around to ordering it :D )

I'll be watching for updates!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:21 am 
Novice
Novice

ill opt for a standalone unit...anyway, i dont think reverb would be very useful for me with the crunch of the 18 :twisted:

for a way cleaner amp tho its a must :lol:

trying to sell my holy grail to fund an attenuator...or maybe build my own...haaaa the fumes 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:03 am 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

elegy wrote:
trying to sell my holy grail to fund an attenuator...or maybe build my own...haaaa the fumes 8)

build the VRM as an attenuator, it works great.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:30 pm 
Novice
Novice

was talkin bout building my own reverb, but ill check out the VRM 8)

Post subject: New Products
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:06 pm 

Stephen,

How about a nice higher gain amp like an Astroverb?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:41 pm 
Expert
Expert

Well Coco, I know you were hoping for an sIII/high gain/verb. But, I hate to say it, I think a Hiwatt/verb wins.
If anyone can figure out how to fit 1 in your chassis, I know you can :lol: :lol:
You've got many interested parties here.. :bugeye:

On another note, I still like my idea of a little sIII/verb/maybe even tremolo (5 tubes) amp.I don't know if people realize how valuable these amps are.
When I was younger (read younger :lol: ) and my children were small, I had a unknown (I bought it from Canada?) Canadian amp. It was Purple (very cool) and 5 tubes. I could fully distort those tubes with my children (or wife) from 15' away. The sound was awesome :D :D
Try it, you'll like it :rol
I was going to use that emoticon sooner or later :rol . I love these little things :lol: :lol:
Too many years devoting my brain to circuits and Wetlands :shock: :lol: :D . Some NICE clean Hiwatt amps out there, that your designs would make so great.

Well 1st time I tried using these colors and such :lol: I almost got it :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:13 pm 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

I'm zoning in on the 50WATT but am also going to do what I so far call a Tweed Prince. A redesigend 5F2A layout to fit into a Champ cab/chassis.

Now it's basically a Champ with a Deluxe Tone control and real power switch. Two inputs up front, 1 channel so it looks like a Tweed Deluxe Lite. T.D.L Hmm Tweed TDL (Tweedle) Get it jac . . . :rol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:32 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

I like the idea of expanding the range both up and down in power. :D

The idea of something along the idea of the Hiwat with reverb would be nice. :D :D As much as I'd like a JTM45, they are available elswhere, I say go with something with a flavor other than the "big three" Marshall, Fender or Vox.

I like the idea of Trinity doing something "different" that isn't available anywhere else.

The sIII is voiced different than other TMB's, the SIIIv6 idea is now being copied by others, the TC-15 is a unique combination, so stay with something "different"!!

I like the Tweed TDL idea :D

And since it's a GOOD idea,

It's not

(I apologize for this, but I can't help it :shock: )

Tweedel DUMB :bugeye: :jawdrop:

:rol :rol :rol :rol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:15 am 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

Nice jc, nice! TweedLE. It's on the board. All drawn up, layout done. Just specing the transformers with Heyboer and the chassis design/build locally. Waiting for pricing. Cabinet , speaker for prototype.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:48 am 
Expert
Expert

Well, I burst out :rol :rol :rol :rol . You guys are great!
I LOVE and want a "Tweedle" amp. I'm not kidding. BUT (here he goes) and I'm not kidding! Don't you dare develop it without tremolo. Nobody's got 1 (Yes I realize there's no sIII lite either). There is a huge market for it. If you could put or offer.... hmm.. that's the better way to go.
Since your developing this, also develop a verb and trem option. Then the buyer has the option for adding on. If he wants more (ME) then he is able to. Obviously a price difference, but the option would be there.
You would have to adjust the chassis and cab for those options. I wouldn't think that would be as difficult. :bugeye:
Of course I could be in a brain melt. :rol you know me :lol: :lol:
New patches on, I'm :happydance: :lol: :lol:

I also think with this kit you should include the cab as part of the package (you can also offer a package without). Include everything. Trannies; tubes; cab, et all. Really!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:53 am 
Expert
Expert

Oh I forgot, I like "TweedLE" also. Both very 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:20 am 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

All cool options worth exploring but a bit more than can fit into a tiny 8-3/4" chassis.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:46 am 
Expert
Expert

:jawdrop:
Quote:
8-3/4" chassis

Is that length :shock:
I just looked for , and found :shock: a chassis I new I had laying around. It's 8-1/4 " Wow, that's small. Which is why it's still sitting here :wink:

boy did I mess that jawdrp up. Reverse that :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:50 am 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

Quote:
8-3/4" chassis Is that length I just looked for , and found a chassis I new I had laying around. It's 8-1/4 "

That's length. So is that chassis punched or plain..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:59 am 
Friend
Friend

50w Hiwatt, no reverb!!!

I miss my '78 Hiwatt more than any amp I've ever given up. I love reverb, but with Hiwatt cleans you don't need it and with Hiwatt weight, you don't want it.

Trinity seems to do a better job getting the right transformers than any other kit supplier and with a Hiwatt, those Partridge trannys are a HUGE part of the sound.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:41 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

Yeah, but the reverb gives me an excuse to buy it since I still have my 70's DR103... :wink:

Although I'm still voting for stand-alone reverb... 8)

www.slyfichapel.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:12 pm 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

We're gonna need to play with that DR some time soon.
This is starting to look very hi wattish ...

... may not be the current craze but if we can get a few advance orders on the books, we could entertain the thought.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next