trinityamps.com

Trinity Amps Guitar Amp Forum
It is currently Tue Jul 16, 2024 7:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New sIII Maxed Wow!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:42 pm 
Friend
Friend

I’ve been enjoying my new sIII for the last month but last week I put a decent speaker in it an Emi Wizard and today the house was empty so I got a chance to sit down and really crank it. All I can say is this is one great sounding little amp. I jumpered both channels maxed both volumes and the gain on the TMB side and went to town.

Played some Hendrix and SRV stuff and I was very impressed. Even dimied it’s pretty quiet considering I was running a unshielded Strat through it with Curtis Novak pickups. Very nice crunch never any mud but never any ice pick either. I did find that for a little more dirt and sustain a pedal came in handy. Overall the amp is very tactile and responds wonderfully to the guitars volume control.

At lower volumes’ the TMB channel also works great for some country twang with my Tele and a delay pedal. I still have some boost issues to work out. I put in a larger resistor and it seems to help some although it’s really finicky about tubes and still gets unstable when maxed. I’ll work that out over time though. Just want to say it’s a great little amp. JGK

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:40 pm 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

Thanks for the fedback. Home alone with a new amp - Hey Now!