trinityamps.com

Trinity Amps Guitar Amp Forum
It is currently Wed Jul 17, 2024 4:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: D-Lite Q's
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:18 pm 
Friend
Friend

I have the D'Lite layout but would like to look at the schematic. Hope I got the name right, two 6V6s, three 12Ax's, solid state rectifier, fixed bias, all kinds of goodies like boost switches, overdive, etc. I have a 340-0-340 PT laying around and chassis that would work.

Been a while since I been here but I love my Slll, still going strong. I'd like to do something like a Plexi 6V6 and saw the D-Lite layout in my amps folder but I don't have the schematic. I looked in the lower right hand corner where that stuff used to be, but no luck.

Can anyone tell me a little about the amp's tones. Seems like a nice amp. Also the trim pot off pin 2 of second tube, what is that?

AJ

Last edited by ajkimba on Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:01 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

AJ, Isn't that a Brown Note product? I've never seen that one here...:hmmm:

Joe G

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:00 pm 
Friend
Friend

Ha, you're right, I'm just a refugee from 18 watt.com, I don't know where anything is anymore. But thanks for the info.

AJ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:36 pm 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

ajkimba,

I'm sure the D'Lite is good, but I think the TRIWATT is better. No kidding. Check out the thread on it.
Overdrive control and everything.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:50 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

Have a look here.
http://ampgarage.com/forum/
Stew

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:42 pm 
Friend
Friend

Stoo wrote:
Have a look here.
http://ampgarage.com/forum/
Stew

OK, I'm drooooling. I read the entire posts. Very impressive to read on the development of the Triwatt. I mean step-by-step, trial and error... and I thought I was the only experience guy that his new build didn't play at first start-up. I never played a Hiwatt but reading about the tone, I want one.

I gotta say, I'm impressed with this amp but I only "heard" about the cleans and listen to the distortion clips, fantastic. I just bought a SG specal, the ones they made in 07, run of 400. Sure would seem to sound fantastic with Triwatt, P90's.

On Stage, for more about the amp...? Under what heading? I can't read anymore, I'm seeing flash spots...ha, ha. So tell me where I can read some more, must be more clips.

I was going to scavenger (is that a word?) my parts bins for a 6V6 - 18 watter Plexi but after reading all the drooling build-up on the Triwatt, I might sell those parts and fork out the dough for a kit. Is this an advertisment.... :lol:

As a newbe to this amp, I play mostly in a home studio (20' X 30' room, I love it too) and use my Slll with: VVR-12-1 o'clock, volume and gain at about 1. That sounds the best for recording here and of course I mic it into a PA and use several monitors with a full band here for jamming. Sound swirls around the room, I'm stoked. So it sounds like the Triwatt would work well without the VVR or VRM...for me?

Stephen, thanks for introducing me to the Triwatt but "Where's the beef, more beef ---On Stage where?

EDIT

Sorry I must be blind

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:22 pm 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

I don't mean to knock the Dumble sound at all. I've heard them live [Sonny Landreth ] and they are awesome. He plays it very well.

But the TRIWATT & HIWATT are totally different beasts and that's one thing that makes them very exciting tools.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:36 am 
Experienced
Experienced

There'll be a bunch more TRIWATT clips coming as soon as the new iron shows up. I'm going to do a bunch and there will be clean, dirty, and the magic settings!! :D

www.slyfichapel.com