It is currently Fri Jul 19, 2024 12:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Tubes; SGT. Overdrive!
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:06 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

Two things, Terry Kilgore is the man;

and haha!

I've been told to send him an E-mail for years and i finally did, boy am I glad. I blotched out the prices cause I'm sure if he wanted them public he would make them public. I will say he is much cheaper than any of the big sites and after I talked to him I wonder why i ever wasted money on new production tubes. Check out this awesome Email he sent me. His money is on the way lol.

Quote:
boy are you in for the suprise of a lifetime . after hearing what you are using are you prepared to have this amp jump up six ladder rungs in 50 seconds it takes to take all that utter trash out of your amp and put in some tubes that were actually made with elements that will never be seen on this earth again? you have to understand that in the final analysis that they simply cannot and will never again produce tubes of the like which we saw in the 50s and 60s and there is no new tube that can be put down until you hear the old ones. this is the biggest part of my trade . showing customers what they are missing . if you dont mind my sincere opinion . A NOD IS AS GOOD AS A WINK TO A BLIND HORSE. here are you eyes back sir. i gurantee if you follow my lead on this your conception of what an amp does and the tubes that make it possible will change forever your outlook on guitar amps and pretty much anything else that nos ...new old stock tubes will do for it. first off you are probably using new stock ef86 ...there is not a more foul sounding tube ...pentode on this planet. you should change that first and foremost. $$ dollars will change that we will send a 6267 amperex bugle boy. this is the industrial version of an ef 86 and the best ever made. the pres you mention may sound good compared to other garbage that you are summing them with. truth is your just judging 4 or 5 piles of dog crap and going for the prettiest pile. im sorry to be so blunt,but in no way are you going to acheive any sort of tone that is acceptable in such a fine circuit. $$ will fix that . i will provide 3 nos rca sylvania or ge .depending on which shows the best attributes and last but not least $$ dollars will buy a set of el84s such as the like as you have never heard or seen i have 1977 saratov ref military 7189 pre reflektor factory that are amongst the finest sounding ever produced. and certainly the most rugged boasting a 5k service life at full tilt. i know this probably sound expensive. but if you have any doubts i fully gurantee the outcome and the only way that cirucit is going to be done justice is to give this a try. i always like to see or hear the result of my stuff going into a circuit. they may cost twice as much ,but they will last ten times as long and there is no price or single thing you can do to that amp that will cinch the tone as quickly . if you invested any money in this amp please make it pay off by trusting me to send you the best obtainable. there are even more expensive options with euro 12ax7s but that is not what is needed here. i dont upsell nor do i charge for info no matter who you buy from . i have tubed 10 thousand amps cheaper and more effectivly then any one on this continent . guitarist are my concern, if you have any doubts about my prices look online at what these other carpetbaggers are getting and i think you will see im shootin you straight. your grand total with me is $$ i will cover the shipping and unconditionally gurantee a dramatic improvement in your tone from 1 to 11 if your volume goes that far up. paypal is accepted and orders are shipped within 3 hours of payment recieved . trust me i take care of 100s and 100s of people and they know who can be trusted to deliver the goods. paypal is tkilgore@tubetramp.com please let me know if i can help or answer questions or if any other payment options are needed the kindest regards and sincerity terry tt aka sgt od ...nuttier then a fruitcake but no fool when it comes to electron bombardment

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:44 am 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

Crazy!! The Sarge is OK by me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:50 am 
Experienced
Experienced

Hell yeah, never buying new stock tubes again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:19 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

Sarge is great, wait til you get the Saratov's in :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:46 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

so how does one contact this guy to buy some old tubes?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:59 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

http://mhuss.com/sgtoverdrive/

Be forwarned, he can come accross as a bit "cryptic" sometimes, but he knows his tubes and he's great to work with :D :D

Hope this helped :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:17 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

ajcoholic wrote:
so how does one contact this guy to buy some old tubes?

I know him as tubetramp.

terry_kilgore2003@yahoo.com

Stew

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:12 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

So should I be looking for just the ef86 or to replace all the tubes (power & pre as well).??

AJC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:46 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

ajcoholic wrote:
So should I be looking for just the ef86 or to replace all the tubes (power & pre as well).??

AJC

Terry always tells me to spend the big $$ on the pre-amp tubes then make sure you have decent power tubes. Send him an email with your amp specs ect. and your buget. Then spend some time deciphering his response. I basically let him "tube" my amp for me.
Stew

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:45 am 
Experienced
Experienced

I just wanted an EF-86 myself and he ended up talking me into getting the whole deal. lol. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:51 pm 
Expert
Expert

Revv23 wrote:
I just wanted an EF-86 myself ...

FYI there's a real funny non-PC comment by Terry about EF86s at the end of this clip - www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWeEnS0wsVo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:54 pm 
Expert
Expert

zaphod wrote:
Revv23 wrote:
I just wanted an EF-86 myself ...

FYI there's a real funny non-PC comment by Terry about EF86s at the end of this clip - www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWeEnS0wsVo

I don't know who or much about this "Tube Tramp"...

But that clip could not have made that man look like more of a dumbass. He couldn't "play" for more than 10seconds without stopping, swearing and making some dumb comment. The little random wankage riffs were interesting, he was or is a pro guitarist? Just seemed really unprofessional.

Anyways maybe I am missing something but the man seems like a big loser, to me at least.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:14 pm 
Expert
Expert

Yeah, he comes across as pretty mouthy in that clip. But you have to know the guy. Terry's *very* funny in real life, and totally off the wall. A real eccentric, but very likable. And yes, he's a pretty sick guitarist too - including as Dave Lee Roth's guitar man post EVH. Also a very devoted parent BTW. But the main thing is he can cut you a deal in good NOS tubes like no one else can. He understands amps and tone, and won't BS you. And his after-sales service is excellent, always resolving any tube problems with no hassle at all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:45 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

I emailed him a few times but havent heard back yet :(

AJC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:10 am 
Expert
Expert

Which e-mail address did you try? I know of a couple:

terry_kilgore2003@yahoo.com
tkilgore@tubetramp.com

He may also be taking some vacation at this time of year...

HTH

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:25 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

I used the terry_kilgore2003@yahoo address late last month to get a tube set for my Magnatone.

He usually answers within a day. :D

He IS a character, I spent about an hour on the phone with him discussing the Triwatt.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:14 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

Thanks I will try again to both of those...

AJC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:12 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

A post to Terry's great customer service.

My first order came in and I was short one EL84 tube.

So Terry sent out three (yes three!) more for the inconvience, so that way I'd have two sets.

So then the second shipment was lost by USPS.

Terry sent out three more tubes again!

I will never buy tubes anywhere else. Just wouldn't be right.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:47 pm 
Expert
Expert

Quote:
He IS a character, I spent about an hour on the phone with him discussing the Triwatt.

So after the discussion are the "tubes" I sent you "okay" or just trash them ????? :shock: :shock: :shock:
Just curious, you should be closer to trying them then me! :D
littlejac

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:21 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

Well, I just sent Terry payment for tubes for my Trinity 15, TC15 and Triwatt. (all tubes except the rectifier tubes in the 15's)

I cant wait to get em' installed and see what difference they make!

AJC