Is this a missing eyelet?

I want to get this done so it can go into that sweet tweed combo cab

Tele's make the best noise

Post subject: Re: Second trinity build
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:52 am 
Expert
Expert

No, it's supposed to be like that.
It's there so you can feed wires through it, check the layout. The two grid connections go through it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:53 am 
Experienced
Experienced

Missed that, thanks

still on first java and comprehension is suffering today.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:44 pm 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

Thanks kurtlives. Taz, you may need to drill it out to fit the large guage wire we use now. That and maybe the other 3 holes on the far side of the board. Just check

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:02 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

It was definetly a non comprehension day yesterday. Put the octal bases in 180' out, so my filament wiring was crossed going to the pre amp, repaired by swapiing connection to pres by just flipping the wires. 5 holes for tube bases were easy to install screws but 5 re threaded th screws. Broke 1 screw but with patience and a little cutting oil they all work now. Didn't have a 4-40 tap here or would have been much easier.

Man I have to keep everyone away from the new cab, I hate cleaning off the drool.

It is going to bounce tonite, we are having a party cause the Rowdymen are out of retirement and have released a new cd, they are not here but we don't care, still going to party. The guitarist/vocalist/writer and cheque signer is my cousin. Recorded and mixed at Swamplight studios Winnipeg, mastered by "Huck Fader" at the "Farm".
Gas, Liquor and Fireworks is the cd, style is a little early 60's rock mixed with some rockabilly and a touch of country

:later:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:44 am 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

Any joy yet?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:09 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

Pretty much finished, but I go to work tomorrow, so I will complete it next week when I get back.
Plus my customers want their stuff fixed before I build my toys. I just can't understand why :lol:

And now the play offs started so time really gets valuable

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:19 am 
Experienced
Experienced

Wiil be finishing this today and tomorrow.

Quote:
It is running really well now. I'm loving the VRM functionality. It way better than the BBQ Mini Mass I had hooked up before.
Now I remember what I didn't get even though I started the order with getting VRM, it sorta fell through the cracks as discussion went on.

Stephen how about adding the VRM kit for my Deluxe to my tramp order and I will send you whatever the cost is.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:12 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

Its alive and loud :shock:
With guitar plugged into bright I seem to be at max clean output at about 2. Lots of experimenting to do to find what does what, where I want to tweak etc.
Speaker needs breaking in but so far I like what I hear.
Installed the standby switch upside down

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:35 pm 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

You want to clean it up a bit? viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1135

Also the usual suspects - less guitar volume, low input jack etc

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:02 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

Well after a night of playing and tweaking, I have found a set up I really like. I have a rosewood(neck, board and body ) tele copy by tokai. I have that plugged into the normal i/p with vol at 7, then coming out of the second normal i/p into my pedal chain into the bright i/p vol 5 and set the tone at 8. Pedal chain is BBe two timer, Landmine chorus and distortion, Keeler compressor, tech21 nyc double drive 3x and a Solid Gold Superduperdrive.
Speaker settled on is the 75w G12C from Warehouse guitar speakers. Sounded great with many of the speakers we have here but the only one I liked as much is in use in my Peavey Windsor Studio and thats the classic lead 80. The WGS british 80 sounds as good for $70 less but I only have it in 16 ohm. I found any of my alnico sounded too dark, no spank.
This is a very versitile amp and capable of going head to head with a loud drummer and winning

later

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 10:16 am 
Experienced
Experienced

So the Triwatt and the deluxe went to the bar for the weekend, they didn't get drunk, but they sure performed. Tried them on one set without micing to the foh ( sound man screwed up ). I think it was better, any patrons in the front got it loud and clear. After that problem was sorted out, it was something. :D The triwatt was paired with a Garnet 4x12 that still has its original 1970s speakers in it 8) . Not sure on the speakers in it as they won't let me open it just in case the old mojo escapes. Musicians :lol: Miced the Deluxe front and back with a pair of SM57s. The Triwatt and Garnet cab was done with a near low mic and a high front mic, again SM57s. If the FOH wasn't such a piece of sh*t it would have been much better.

At the gathering after the last set the guitarists got into a verbal scrap about which amp was better. While they loved the Triwatt, the convenience of the Deluxe has them both in love with it. And they can't stop talking about the quality and "beauty" of Stephens Deluxe Tweed combo cab. Jac(ob) wants one, he is just trying to decide if he wants a kit to build so he can mod or fix as he wants or order it built. He put his Vetta 2 up for sale so I am sure he is getting a deluxe.

To bad it wasn't the the other bar, they just spent big money on a new FOH system for the bar, it is even setup for live recording. So there I could have got some clips. Now they just need a soundman who can maintain the system. But no they hired a wanna be scratch DJ. If it doesn't BOOM its not set up right.
I think next week there will be a new sound guy. The owner was not happy with the sound this week, and neither was the band he brought in impressed with the sound. They loved the equipment but told the owner he needs someone who can listen to the bands and do a setup that actually works with the bands sound.

:later:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:51 pm 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

Looking for VRM / Tweed feedback here: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2161