trinityamps.com

Trinity Amps Guitar Amp Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: High gain clips of TMB ?
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:51 pm 

I'm still trying to decide on which kit I'm going to get. I was going to get the TMB since it's the highest gain of them all. Then I heard Unimind's "brown sound" clips based on the modded plexi. You're making it difficult for me to decide. I don't recall finding any TMB clips that showed off the highest gain settings. Can someone point me to some if they exist?

All I want is an 18 watt version of the Chupacabra (most of you know what I'm talking about here). To me that's the ultimate "hotrodded Marshall" tone I'm after. But I refuse to go any higher than 18 Watts because this is home use only. So right now I'm leaning towards the TMB. If the TMB will get me in to "hotrodded Marshall" territory then it's a no brainer. I'll keep searching for some high gain clips of the TMB. The clips on the main web site weren't representative of the types of music I want to play so didn't do too much good.

Oh duuuh! I found the clips section. Sorry, I was searching in the wrong places. Can the mod delete my post? I feel like an idiot now.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:04 pm 
Friend
Friend

You can probably do any version and put the cascade mod switch in. That way if you're using the TMB channel you can use the normal channel to drive it like a tube preamp booster. I did the sIII with cascade but I don't have clips recorded yet.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:43 pm 
Expert
Expert

My suggestion would be to start by ordering the Trinity Plexi kit, and also let Stephen know you want to build the Brown-mod version with the cascade switch. Even when not cascaded the Brown-modded Trinity Plexi appears to have a bit more gain on tap than the regular TMB.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:53 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

k9taxi wrote:
But I refuse to go any higher than 18 Watts because this is home use only.

You do realize that even at 18 watts this sucker is very loud. You will need an attenuator or you can cascade the channels so that you can get the cranked sound and still have the master volume.

http://www.soundclick.com/unimind

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:59 pm 
Expert
Expert

Unimind wrote:
k9taxi wrote:
But I refuse to go any higher than 18 Watts because this is home use only.

You do realize that even at 18 watts this sucker is very loud. You will need an attenuator or you can cascade the channels so that you can get the cranked sound and still have the master volume.

Yes, an 18W will shake the doors of your house! You will need to have a VVR in your amp, or else use an attenuator for playing at home.