trinityamps.com

Trinity Amps Guitar Amp Forum
It is currently Tue Jul 16, 2024 10:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:50 pm 
Friend
Friend

So after watching the two following clips I've decided on my next Trinity amp build! I built an 18W Plexi about a year ago and I love everything about the amp, its simplicity and the great tones I can get out of it! but now I need to feed my amp building "addiction" and a more portable 1x12 tweed combo is what I'm going for!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3X1AOlkabwo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMwhTqv8bL0

I've read on the forums that these amps are loud, is it possible to get a decent clean(ish) tone at gigging levels with this or should I look into other more powerful tweed variations?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:18 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

{ROn1N} wrote:
So after watching the two following clips I've decided on my next Trinity amp build! I built an 18W Plexi about a year ago and I love everything about the amp, its simplicity and the great tones I can get out of it! but now I need to feed my amp building "addiction" and a more portable 1x12 tweed combo is what I'm going for!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3X1AOlkabwo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMwhTqv8bL0

I've read on the forums that these amps are loud, is it possible to get a decent clean(ish) tone at gigging levels with this or should I look into other more powerful tweed variations?

If you want to gig clean then you will need to mic this amp up. It has enough power for small jams but not the headroom for super loud cleans. Honestly there is way more versatility having a small amp and miking it up because you can always get crunchy without having to blow the room out.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:20 am 

Hope everything goes well for you.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:06 pm 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

You can get decent cleans using the interactive Volume Controls as well. Some people like to like to decrease the coupling caps from .1 to .02 as well.
Yes, it is pretty loud too!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:27 pm 
Friend
Friend

Well the amp is all wired up now, the hardware was mounted on the chassis and the heaters wired on friday night and I finished the rest over the afternoon saturday. Before I knew it I had a perfectly working 5E3!

Here's a "gut shot" for good measure!

Yesterday I started building the cabinet with the help of my brother, my dad who owns all the woodworking tools will probably chip in as well!

I'm going for the traditional 1X12" lacquered tweed cabinet, if you wish to hop along for the ride, we will document our progress on the tdpri.com forums!

http://www.tdpri.com/forum/tele-home-de ... build.html

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:11 pm 
Friend
Friend

And here is the finished product along with my brand new Telecaster.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:31 pm 

Awesome - looks great! Did you build the guitar as well?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:21 pm 
Friend
Friend

jcsimons wrote:
Awesome - looks great! Did you build the guitar as well?

The Tele was assembled from a Warmoth neck and body, so I guess they did most of the work! but final assembly and setup was done by myself. It might not be obvious from that shot, but the neck is an unfinished solid piece of rosewood. It's the slickest, smoothest neck I've ever played!!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:10 pm 

Beautiful - I'd be spending most of the time with the guitar in my lap running my hand, well never mind...

anyway, it looks great - I can't wait to get my deluxe fired up - just waiting for the courage to plug it in - just one more check...