trinityamps.com

Trinity Amps Guitar Amp Forum
It is currently Thu Jul 18, 2024 2:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:05 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

OK, so my Tramp Head/Cabinet kit is now officially ordered and I'm just doing a bit of homework by going over the schematic/layout, in preparation until my kit arrives :happydance:

Anyway, I notice that the wiring on the schematic for (VR5) the "Power Level" control shows Pin 3 going to a 100K Resistor (R22) then on to Power Ground, and Pin 1 going to the Drain Pin of the Mosfet (Q1).

But, on the layout diagram, these connections appear reversed in that the Layout diagram shows Pin 1 of the Power Level control connected to the 100K Resistor (R22) and then on to Power Ground, Pin 3 appears to connect to the Drain of the Mosfet. Does this reversal matter?

Also, the 220K 2W Resistors shown on the Layout running in Parrallel with 33uF cap (C7), and 50 uF cap (C13) are not shown on the schematic. Only the 220K resistor on C12 is shown on the schematic (R19).

Are the two resistors missing from the schematic not required, with the one on C12 alone being sufficient? (These just appear to be bleed resistors for the caps).

I hope these questions haven't been asked a thousand times but if I could just get confirmation on these couple of items it will help me understand things a bit better in preparation for my upcoming Tramp build.

Thanks,

Snowy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:56 pm 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

Ok, pins numbers on Schematic VRM pot were reversed and now corrected.

All 220K bleeder resistors were not shown on the schematic. Now they have been added.

Layout is correct.

New schematic will be uploaded.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:22 am 
Experienced
Experienced

Nice work Stephen. :thumbsup:

Snowy