trinityamps.com

Trinity Amps Guitar Amp Forum
It is currently Wed Jul 17, 2024 1:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:51 pm 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

John Pritchard was big into fixing and working on guitar amps. He was a big fan of Trinity, and often spoke about talking with the people on the message board. His forum name was “ littlejac”.

“littlejac” was located in Pennsylvania, and had some close friendships with the people he had talked to through the forum. Unfortunately he was sick with a disease known as Sjogren's Syndrome which deteriorated his immune system.
He entered hospice last week and died on Saturday, at the young age of 53.

He left behind lots of unfinished amps in various states. Two in particular were Trinity Amps. He had bought them as kits and intended to put them together for his son. One is a TC-15; the other is an 18 watt combo. Both have cabinets custom made by Trinity Amps for them. According to Dan Pritchard, his son, they both appear to have been completely wired, though Dan has no way of knowing if they are working as intended.

Dan would like to have them completed in his father’s memory and is looking for someone who could fix them. He said that his dad often talked about how he was making them for him and that they would "blow away" any of the amps that he had before. So it's important to him to try to get them working.

Are there any volunteers who would be willing to help out in some way?

note: there may be a TRIWATT in there somewhere

July 7, 2012

John "Jack" Pritchard, 53, of Forty Fort, left behind the pain of this world Saturday, July 7.

John was born March 19, 1959 in St. Peterburg, Fla., and was the son of Jean Peterson, Kingston, and stepson of Frank Peterson, Dupont.

He was preceded in death by his father, Wendell Pritchard, Fla.

Surviving are his sisters, Cheryl Pritchard, Newcastle, Pa., and Lori Zullich, New Hampshire, and sons, Timothy Scott and Daniel Pritchard, and daughter, Kiera Lantz.

John attended Wyoming Valley West and studied mechanical engineering at Luzerne County Community College. He worked in land development for Yeagley Homes, enjoyed wetland consulting and driving truck for Klein Candy.

An avid music aficionado, he enjoyed a range from heavy metal rock to classical music. He experimented with different tube amplifiers and musical electronics. He had a green thumb and thrilled at discovering any uncommon perennial to add to his garden collection.

In the words of Pink Floyd, "Shine on you crazy diamond."

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/timesleader/obituary.aspx?n=john-pritchard-jack&pid=158460092

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:11 am 
Novice
Novice

I'm very sad to hear this news. I'll be glad to help if I can....but Pennsylvania is a loooooong way from Colorado. Maybe a little help with expenses for someone more local to take a look?

- This Space For Rent -

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:26 am 
Experienced
Experienced

RIP "littlejack". too young too soon.
Stew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:54 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

I am sorry to hear that. I did wonder what happened to him. I would help out if possible.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:00 pm 
Expert
Expert

Sad news indeed. Jac came up with some really fascinating and often hilarious posts loaded with emoticons. He is already greatly missed.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:07 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

So sad to read this. RIP.

I'd love to help, but I fear I'm not nearly the expert that's needed. Maybe we could take up a collection to cover shipping to and from one of the experts. (Trinity themselves would be awesome, but I can't volunteer them.)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:52 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

Wasn't expecting to be notified about this through the forum :cry:

I knew lj very well, spoke to him on a regular basis.
He had his quirks and loved his emoticons and boy did he have opinions ;)

As long as Dan is not in a hurry, I'm willing to take on the project, lj had problems with vision towrds the end and insisted on working on his amp and guitar projects as long as he could, it was "therapy work" for him.
He did very nice work, but I'm not sure about accuracy with his problem seeing (i.e. resistor codes).

In other words, the projects have to be reviewed closely to make sure the right parts are in the right place.

And he did have a Triwatt that was in progress, where is that one?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:07 pm 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

jcny has agreed to work on littlejac's amps for the family.

Thanks for the offers of help. Jack's son is very appreciative.