trinityamps.com

Trinity Amps Guitar Amp Forum
It is currently Wed Jul 17, 2024 6:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: I think I've gone MAD!!!
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 8:43 pm 
Novice
Novice

I got a Behringer GM110 amp in for repair. The input jack was broken so I replaced it with a good metal switchcraft. This amp is a clone of the Trademark 10 analog modeling amp. Anyway, I plugged in my SG and did a test run on this amp. My God! I could not believe the sounds I could get out of this amp! It is so touch sensitive. The tweed setting didn't do much for me but the Marshall model was killer. Why does this 70 dollar amp put a bigger smile on my face than my 18 watter :oops: Why can't I get this grinding ZZ Top sound from my 18 watter :? BTW, you should hear it through my Avatar 2 X 12 cabinet :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 10:24 pm 
Expert
Expert

Pepi,

Nothing wrong with cheap gear...I often plug into a pod...hell, I'm going to in 2 minutes...

-F

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 12:25 am 
Expert
Expert

I think the Behringer gear is great value, I bought a few of their stomp pedals and although they are not in very robust cases, for $40AUS they are great value, I can't wait for the digital delay pedals to arrive. I also have one of their mixers and a Virtulizer Pro digital effects module which is fantastic for live vocals or if I mellow out and want to get the sound of an acoustic guitar in a church. For a youngster starting out the vintager guitar pack gives them a strat style guitar and a 15Watt amp with a tube stage in the pre-amp all for a couple hundred bucks. Don't let the sceptics tell you otherwise, the Behringer gear is good, well made and cheap.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 7:56 am 
Novice
Novice

I think I need to visit some pedals for my 18 watter. I think it is just too loud before you get that nice breakup sound. Wonder if a Bad Monkey pedal would get me there ? With the Behringer I found only one Super sound out of all the 27 choices but this one sound is to kill for 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 8:19 am 
Expert
Expert

Either that or build a p1 eXtreme with a EL34 or KT88 :-) great breakup at low volume.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 8:26 am 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

pepi wrote:
I think I need to visit some pedals for my 18 watter. I think it is just too loud before you get that nice breakup sound. Wonder if a Bad Monkey pedal would get me there ? With the Behringer I found only one Super sound out of all the 27 choices but this one sound is to kill for 8)

Which amp is is it? Standard, TMB, sIII ? Can you jump channels? Which channel are you using?

They can get pretty loud, that's for sure, but you can get a good sound at reasonable levels. Maybe a boost switch is what you need?

Or, go for the pedal!