trinityamps.com

Trinity Amps Guitar Amp Forum
It is currently Wed Jul 17, 2024 2:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Finished amp pics
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 7:08 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

Ok, so you're thinking, "But I thought it wasn't fully working?" Well, you're right. But it should be soon. I do have some pics, and I took it to the repair shop today so it should be back soon. It was wonderful for the week I had it working and I'm anxious to ge it back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:31 pm 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

Hey, that's unique! I like that wood panel. How'd you do that?

Hope it comes back in good shape. Keep us posted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:11 am 
Experienced
Experienced

Thanks Stephen. I'm glad you like it. This isn't something I could have done without your materials. I feel good about taking it in. It's not so much of a nuissance that way.

The wood is ziricote. I forget what I thinned it to, but it's insignificant. I'm sure it was around .06" - just enough to have some body but also leave the pots enough thread space for the nuts to screw on securely. Then just drill those holes.

The ziricote has a coat of danish oil on each side to protect it from condition changes. The oil made it pretty dark so I sanded the face back a bit to lighten it up with 600 grit or so. We're talking about a surface sanding and nothing more. I wanted the figure and color to show. That's why I used it in the first place. Some wax is on top of that, again dulled with 600. The wood is a scrap from http://www.goodmanguitars.com/wood/index.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:18 am 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

Cool! What about the valence covering? What's that print?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:49 am 
Experienced
Experienced

That's the first time I've ever been in a fabric store, lol. In fact, when I found it, I took it up to the counter thinking I had to buy the whole roll. It's a paisely print. I'm happy to say I envisioned it way before seeing Brad Paisely's stuff paisely printed.

Tolexing was a lot more difficult than I thought it would be. I had to but the seams up next to each other, and they're not entirely invisible. I guess that's why people use piping. I didn't want it on my cabinet though.