trinityamps.com

Trinity Amps Guitar Amp Forum
It is currently Thu Jul 18, 2024 9:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 187 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 8:34 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

I'm not too sure those bits will help you. by the sounds of it ,they are for wood only.Hope they weren't too expensive.If they aren't right ,there are specialized bits for metal that will last ages.I get mine from a local auto supplier that does body shop supplies.They are called uni-bits or stepped bits,conical in shape,they have graduations by 16ths usually,going from 1\8th in to 3\4 in. and are PERFECT for clean holes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 11:21 pm 

yeah, it was great timing for them to close up... i was getting in on that second MM Transformer Group buy :x

Oh well.... maybe it will still happen if they open up the forums to have a peek in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 11:22 pm 
Expert
Expert

Thanks g-log,
But I realize the difference,These are supposed to be for metal, we'll see the difference. The wood bits I used are the one's that burned up. I just hoping, Thanks for the support,
Later

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 4:30 am 
Expert
Expert

.... double posted....

Last edited by zaphod on Mon May 21, 2007 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 4:30 am 
Expert
Expert

Quote:
yeah, it was great timing for them to close up... i was getting in on that second MM Transformer Group buy Oh well.... maybe it will still happen if they open up the forums to have a peek in.

I've been in contact with Graydon. He's looking at ways to re-open 18watt.com for more than a peek in. I can't share further details than that, but keep a look out for further news....

BTW you could save probably yourself some money with Trinity 18W transformers. :)

PS: Why don't quotes work properly on this BBS?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 7:32 am 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

jac, on the drill bits: For customized chassis, I use punches or a step drill / Unibit. If you arent going to use it alot, you should be able to get a cheaper step drill at one of those Auto supply type places. It works quite well but you need to deburr the backside.

ZP On the "quotes" in the forum: The stopped working a while ago & not being a developer, I havent figured out why. Next thing on the list to do once we stop the spammers from registering.

On the Attenuator: LOL another crazy Dr. story. Thanks for sending it. How well does it work?

On the 18 watt forum: Sounds promising but why shut it down? Anyway, you can hang here as long as you want.

On Canucks: They're everywhere!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 8:36 am 
Expert
Expert

Stephen, thanks for being so accomodating to us 18watt.com refugees. :) It's great that there's a peaceful amp-loving board like this around. I'll have to pay you a personal visit next time I'm in Toronto, which hopefully won't be too far in the future.

I think Graydon just locked down 18watt.com out of frustration. But now he's looking for a managable way of bringing it back again. Personally I think the site will need some new moderators to make up for those of the original team no longer actively involved.

You get spammers on this site? How does that happen? BTW I have lots of fake Rolex, Cartier and Omega watches for sale to members of Trinity's BBS. Please contact me for your orders. Fellow canucks get everything half-price. :wink: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 11:14 am 

zaphod wrote:
Quote:
yeah, it was great timing for them to close up... i was getting in on that second MM Transformer Group buy Oh well.... maybe it will still happen if they open up the forums to have a peek in. [/quote

BTW you could save probably yourself some money with Trinity 18W transformers. :)

True, but I was looking for a Marshall Major O/T :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 11:16 am 
Novice
Novice

Hey Zaphod,
Ya got any "Targus" watches? :lol:
I like yer avatar. (Or is it av-I-tar?) I can never remember the spelling principals. ( or is it princip-LES?)
:lol: :? :roll: :wink:

LeeMo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 11:42 am 
Expert
Expert

Quote:
True, but I was looking for a Marshall Major O/T :D

Hey, what's a few watts difference betwwen friends! :)
Quote:
Ya got any "Targus" watches? :lol:

I'm sure some of my "business associates" could fix you up with a Tarkus watch, if that's what you'd like. :wink: Note the spelling of "Tarkus". But I'm an enjinneer, so I can't spell anyway! :lol:

I wondered if anyone would pick up on my avatar....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 2:15 pm 
Novice
Novice

Quote:
I wondered if anyone would pick up on my avatar....

Only if you're old farts like us ! :lol:

ELP - hey you left off the H! :shock: :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 7:16 pm 
Expert
Expert

Tarkus is a very good album, also.

Coco, I have the unibits, This was inexpensive set and stated it was for metal, so what the heck, try it out. If it doesn't work, then I'll have to try my hand at making wood faceplate's :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 10:44 am 
Novice
Novice

HI All,
I feel kind of guilty for some of the problems over at 18watt I was the one who was goading gary (mooreamps) to go to 18watt. The reason I did this was his ego was the size of Texas and I knew if he went to the 18watt site that his ego would get slapped by Engineers that knew more than me. So I will take the blame for pointing gary to the 18watt site. For me when I went to the 18watt site and saw it was closed it was like my best friend died all over again! !! Words can not describe the loss I feel!! I have emailed Graydon a few times but he has yet to reply to my emails and he was the one who helped me get on the 18watt site!! Anyway on to other things like Canadian BEER!! OMG!!! I miss it!! I am from northern Pa next to the pa-ny border and I miss my canuk beer!!! Can’t get good beer in Nashville !! But if you go into the country around here you can get other FINE liquids !! if you know what I mean ;) but I like my crown too!! LOL!!! The little purple bags come in handy for taking change to the bank ;)

Bill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 10:48 am 
Expert
Expert

I like the bags for capacitors. Sozo ships in velvet bags, at least the 2 times I purchased from him.
and please don't "goad" Gary here. That was a terrible thread. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 10:54 am 
Novice
Novice

jac,
I am not going to goad gary here I did it on his site.. I am going to leave the gary issue alone

Bill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 11:05 am 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

Ok. Enough said on that. Let's move on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 11:35 am 
Novice
Novice

ok coco,
but I still miss my canuk beer !! LOL!!!

Bill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 12:14 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

Bibleboy3, What part of the NY/PA border, east, west or central?

I grew up around Chautauqua lake.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 12:16 pm 

zaphod wrote:
Thanks for the kind thoughts guys. :) Well, yes, I'm a Canuck, hanging out over in Marshall Country at the moment. :lol:

I'm glad to see that you didn't vanish, too :!: Thanks for all your help to those of us trying to find our way out of thermionic ignorance :!: I hope for the revival of 18watt.com and would be happy to help in any way I could.
Out of respect for your being a Canuck, I will call the Pentagon and postpone our plans for the Canadian Invasion :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 12:55 pm 
Friend
Friend

"Zemaitis"
Quote:
yeah, it was great timing for them to close up... i was getting in on that second MM Transformer Group buy :x

Oh well.... maybe it will still happen if they open up the forums to have a peek in

The "sponsor" of the group buy is still taking orders and keeping track of them on his newly-active forum.

Chip

P.S. edited to delete link to competitor's forum

Last edited by Fresh_Start on Tue May 22, 2007 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 187 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next