trinityamps.com

Trinity Amps Guitar Amp Forum
It is currently Thu Jul 18, 2024 11:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 187 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 5:11 pm 
Novice
Novice

jcny,
I grew up in tioga County ( mansfield wellsboro,blossburg) but the biggest city that is close by is williamsport. actually I grew up in a SMALL town half way between elmmira/corning and williamsport

Bill

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 5:12 pm 
Expert
Expert

Quote:
I feel kind of guilty for some of the problems over at 18watt I was the one who was goading gary (mooreamps) to go to 18watt. The reason I did this was his ego was the size of Texas and I knew if he went to the 18watt site that his ego would get slapped by Engineers that knew more than me. So I will take the blame for pointing gary to the 18watt site.

So it was you, was it! :lol: If you hadn't done that I had actually registered on one of the VJr sites where he was posting, just to refute some technically incorrect information he had been giving out. Then to my surprise he showed up on 18watt.com! In more recent threads Gary's posts were reasonable and polite. Anyway, from my discussions with Graydon, it appears the lockdown of 18watt.com wasn't anything directly to do with Gary, so please don't lose any sleep over that one. Just look out for it to reopen for business in the near future. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 5:25 pm 
Novice
Novice

thanks phil, :D

like I said one of the main reasons I did what I did was I knew he was wrong on a few things and his ego was out of control!!! I knew that the knowledge base on 18watt would give him a reality check!!! :shock: LOL!!! but kudos to him for adding an extra gain stage to the VJr. I was looking into this and he went and did it ( he beat me to it LOL!!) so hats off to him for doing that... I must admit I am a liitle disapointed that graydon has not returned my emails.. I just want to know what happened and why?? the depth of knowledge that was there was nothing short of incredible!!! (sorry coco) but this site seems to have some positive things going on as well and I am looking forward to seeing what things this site has to offer. :D

BTW coco I like labatts mmmmm and moleson!!! mmmm sorry about the bad spelling must be to much canadian mist LOL!!! I can't get good beer here

Bill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 6:05 pm 
Expert
Expert

I think Graydon's been flooded out with e-mails right now, so don't take it personally. :)

But Gary didn't add another gain stage to the VJr, he built a totally different amp, using a gutted VJr chassis. That's not the same thing at all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 6:25 pm 
Novice
Novice

phil,
I was under the impression that he added another stage of gain to the VJr. :?: I do think it is possible I just aven't gotten around to it yet

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 8:55 pm 
Novice
Novice

Please give Graydon a break on the emails. Phil pointed a lot of people his way. As Phil says, Graydon is working to get 18watt back going. Keep the faith and stay tuned.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 9:20 pm 
Novice
Novice

I only emailed graydon a few times then gave up all hope on the 18watt site but if he's going to bring it back that would be AWSOME!!! :shock: I hope he'll post some kind of explanation as to WHY the site was shut down

Bill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 4:14 am 
Expert
Expert

Quote:
I was under the impression that he added another stage of gain to the VJr. :?: I do think it is possible I just aven't gotten around to it yet

Gary wasn't doing VJr mods at all. He was designing a completely new and different SE amp, with two 12AX7s in the preamp, two parallel power tubes and built-in "power scaling" of some kind. The fact that he re-used a VJr chassis and cab for that caused some confusion. Having said that, there were one or two guys who added an extra preamp tube, although there is already lots of gain available in that amp. At least one modded the VJr into an AX84 High Octane. There was also the trick you could do of putting in a Turbo Jax (a FET-boosted input jack from Mission Amps) into the front panel.
Quote:
I grew up in tioga County ( mansfield wellsboro,blossburg) but the biggest city that is close by is williamsport. actually I grew up in a SMALL town half way between elmmira/corning and williamsport.

I'm glad you shared that. According to Frued, that could help explain a lot of things :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 11:08 am 
Expert
Expert

Careful Phil, I live very close to Williamsport, and Freud was a very disturbed person. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 11:19 am 
Friend
Friend

There was a Gabtone add on 18W this morning. Looks like they might get sponsors which I think will be a good thing as long as it is kept a neutral as possible. Nothing is free.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 11:44 am 
Friend
Friend

DST add right now....
Things are going on.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 11:55 am 
Friend
Friend

Fredaxis wrote:
DST add right now....
Things are going on.....

Refresh and it will change.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 1:09 pm 
Expert
Expert

New message on 18watt saying they will reopen, witrh changes.
That didn't last long. Hopefully they open 18watt and sewatt at the same time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 1:34 pm 
Friend
Friend

BBQls1 wrote:
Fredaxis wrote:
DST add right now....
Things are going on.....

Refresh and it will change.

Yep, saw that, good news! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 4:38 pm 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

Quote:
There was a Gabtone add on 18W this morning. Looks like they might get sponsors which I think will be a good thing as long as it is kept a neutral as possible. Nothing is free.

.. and by design, advertizing is not neutral.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 5:09 pm 
Friend
Friend

I don't know how it will work out but as I remember it the banner adds were pulled as a result of the BBQ Boy (not you BBQLS1 :D ) incident.

I also remember some grumblings as the add space at that time was not open to all. Time will tell.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 5:10 pm 
Friend
Friend

Quote:
Quote:

.. and by design, advertizing is not neutral.

as possible......

1. I think we need a central site to convey information pertaining to building amps.
2. I do not think this can be sustained for free.
3. I'm not sure most will donate to the cause.
4. I don't think people will pay to be part of an online community in the long run.
5. I think we can have a sponsored site where we can reasonably talk about parts, experiences, layouts etc (ls1tech.com and ls2.com), without bashing and flaming.
6. I think that everyone should get equal treatment as far as the banners are concerned (I don't know if it will work that way since I don't sell parts and haven't asked).

I understand that by having sponsorship takes away from the neutrality a bit, but I don't see it lasting otherwise.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 5:12 pm 
Friend
Friend

Quote:
"Strat" I don't know how it will work out but as I remember it the banner adds were pulled as a result of the BBQ Boy (not you BBQLS1 :D ) incident.

I also remember some grumblings as the add space at that time was not open to all. Time will tell.

I hope it will be run as a separate entity than GDS amps, but I don't know the what the plans are. I think to do otherwise will taint the forum.

I think for it to be open to all who want to advertise will be good for all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 8:55 pm 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

I hope people find this site pretty neutral & friendly. I know it's 'sponsored' and I do take liberties from time to time, but I don't push. If people wanted to congregate here, that's not a problem for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 9:30 pm 
Expert
Expert

That's why we're here coco. We like neutral... and you put up with us :lol: :lol: :lol:
Not to mention we like your designs. Low key, but if you want to push add a cap and resistor and your back in the game. A great 18watt is heaven.
Later,
Jac

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 187 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next