Trinity Amps Guitar Amp Forum
It is currently Thu Jul 18, 2024 5:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:59 pm 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

Trinity TC-15

CUSTOMER FEEDBACK SO FAR:

Good news, got the amp yesterday, it survived shipping fine. I was able to play it a bit last night and it sounds great. Way more versatile than I was expecting, I guess the TC-15 is a lot more than just a lightning type clone, but still. A lot of great tones. I couldn't get anything bad to come out of the amp actually.

Anyway, here are some other initial comments, so far i mostly used the regular channel (channel 2 I guess, not the ef86 one, and haven't tried the munch setting yet):

-the defeatable master volume is great. Originally I didn't want a master vol, but since it is swtichable it is a great add on. Much better than using an attenuator.

-this amp has tons of sustain and touch sensitivity

-does great with single coils or humbuckers. For clean sounds I was getting chimey, lots of top end crystalline sounds i love, but also makes a nice thicker midrange/bass clean sound (bluesy I guess) that sounds better than similar sounds on any other amps i have.

-both channels can really overdrive, especially with the master vol, you could do some very heavy sounds i think by cutting the highs and boosting the lows with the flexible tone controls. Of course it also does a lighter crunch for the type of indie/mod/power pop stuff I mostly play.

-of any amp i have, this one sounds best with guitar volume rolled off.
Everyone always says about amps, cleans up when rolling the volume, but i usually never like the tone with the guitar volume rolled down. This amp still sounds good when you use the guitar volume.

The fit & finish is great as well, everything feels very well put together. I think its a good idea with the tubes mounted facing upwards in the cab instead of hanging down as in some amps.

Further: I had my first chance to play the amp loud this weekend (just with another guitarist though). It is really awesome.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:39 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

Wow, the black/white colour scheme is stunning. Really eye catching. And the feedback is spot on. The Normal (non ef86) side is super touch sensitive. A real players amp in that with each guitar you can find that zone where the amp will really start to work.

P.S. I noticed this one has a silver back panel where as the black one, in an earlier thread, has a black back panel. Are you swinging both ways?

LB

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:38 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

omg that is sexy

if i do a TC-15 i want it to look like that

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:43 pm 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

Thanks. It looked pretty decent, naked, in the shop too! :D