trinityamps.com

Trinity Amps Guitar Amp Forum
It is currently Thu Jul 18, 2024 11:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:19 pm 
Novice
Novice

Last night I completed my Lightning build. I live in a condo so I could only test at a low level. This morning once my neighbors had left for work I was able to open up the amp for a while.

Thing sounds incredible. There isn't one drop of hiss or sputter even when everything is dimed. Believe it or not the Peavey Classic 112e cab actually sound really good with this amp. I will have no problem using it until I can complete my 2x12 cabinet build. I might put a Red Fang or a Hellatone in it though.

I've owned a Matchless DC30 and this Lightning does it justice. Next I will hook up my pedalboard and go to town.

Due to the death of a parent and a career change this project took over a year. I'd like to publicly thank Stephen who has answered every question I had and helped me to get the amp running. He truly backs up his products and his customers. I started this project with minimal electronics understanding and while I still have a long way to go, I'm no longer entirely clueless. Stephens help was a huge factor in completing the project.

I'd also like to thank Scott F. Scott offered his help from the early stages of my build and was always friendly and willing to help in spite of his being busy with his own budding amp business.

Thanks to the rest of the forum as well because believe it or not, I've read every word posted and the posted wisdom has increased my knowledge tenfold. I'm looking forward to ordering another kit after Christmas and having another go.

Eric

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:38 pm 
Novice
Novice

I also gave a little love to you over at the SD forum:

http://www.seymourduncan.com/forum/showthread.php?t=122970

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:08 pm 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

Thanks for the feedback. Just really glad it worked out. When you were having some start-up problems, I couldn't believe it was so long. But now you have a vintage amp!

Enjoy!