trinityamps.com

Trinity Amps Guitar Amp Forum
It is currently Wed Jul 17, 2024 1:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:33 am 
Friend
Friend

Hi there music people and amplifier builders! I recently built the TC-15 and I love it. I'm planning on showing pictures of my build with you and need a suggestion on a hosting web site.

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:51 am 
Friend
Friend

Hank,

I like IpowerWeb. Cost is $7.95/month. :arrow: /www.ipowerweb.com

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:08 am 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

Hank S wrote:
I recently built the TC-15 and I love it. I'm planning on showing pictures of my build with you and need a suggestion on a hosting web site.

Congratulations on your sucessful build. Was this your first build? Do you have any other amps?

I can recommend dreamhost.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:24 am 
Friend
Friend

I have been building for a few years. It started with Fender Vibroverb and Twin that I needed tech support on. Then Allen Amps Accomplice and Encore. 18watt.com sight helped me make a little Marshall 18 watt then much later the 36 watt. There have been some other things but I'm better off with kits and I really like the TC-15 kit.

I love the amp! I sometimes tweek the knobs in odd directions to see if I can get a bad sound it but ends sounding cool. Many more happy moments than the Marshall clones(I sold both of them a long while back)

There is so much that sounds great with this amp. Delay, Sunface, DS-1. Tele with Lollar pups, SG with WCR, Melody Maker with WCR.

Now to make you a bit jealous. I live close enough to Tone Tubby that I recently got one of the only four San Rafael 25 speaker from TT in circulation. A brand new ceramic 25 watt speaker. I haven't even told them yet of what I think of the speaker because I've been busy but it is perfect for this amp! Using a J Design cabinet made of pine I am very happy. I want to post picture of the build and some clips to. Could you guys help me do that?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:01 am 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

The tone controls are very versatile so you can get a lot of interesting sunds happening.

Man, you're killing me with those Tone Tubbys. John promised us some of those new ceramic speakers to audition. I'm going to have to call him up. :x Say hi & tell him you're a Trinity customer like he is and make him smile! :)

We'll host all your pictures so just send them in and well put them in a place where you can link to them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:29 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

Hi Hank, you are killing me too. I'd live to hear the SR25.

BTW, which channel of the amp do you spend more time in?

Cheers
Larry

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:01 am 
Friend
Friend

Hey Larry. I am in the channel with the bass and treble most often but I still go for the ef86 channel alot. I love the dual tap OT option (crunch/munch) and use it for late nights not to wake the wife and for differnt sounds options.

I can't believe how much I dig this amp! Waaayyy better than the 18 or 36 watt Marshall clones I built, and then sold. I have tried turning the dials all sorts of ways to try and find a bad tone and can't barely find one! Maybe just when the volume is off!

I have built several Fender amps and a few Allen amp tweaked some different projects like the Valve Junior type but nothing is coming close to how much fun this amp is!

Lately this BBQ 12F150B is my fav new speaker for this amp. Above the Tubby I started out with. The Tubby is in a Princeton Reverb which is where it will stay and sounds great there. After the Tubby is really broken in I will try it with the TC-15 again.

Peace

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:02 pm 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

Hank,

Awesome that the amp is so good for you. Great. If you get a chance, could you post your voltages?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:48 pm 
Friend
Friend

Ummm...

Okay, link me to the place that shows me how. I have never done this! I know I know it is like counter intuitive for some of you but if the amp works, I am done.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:42 pm 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

Ummm,

Take the -ve lead and clip it to the chassis. Set meter to DC voltage.

With the positive probe, the easiest way is to measure the DC voltages at the eyelets on the board, send them to me and let me sort them out.

Or you can touch the postitive lead to the tube pin 1 through 9 and write them down for each pin.

But if you dont feel safe doing this, dont do it.

But some day, ypu may want a record of your voltages if you ever need to troubleshoot.